Author Topic: Remote Buttons - Web Orbiter 2.0  (Read 2409 times)

srfitzger

• First post!
    • View Profile
Remote Buttons - Web Orbiter 2.0
« on: June 20, 2011, 08:03:37 pm »
A few questions seeking guidance.

I have a working Core working along with a GCE 100.  I can make a scenario to turn on my TV/satellite box/receiver with a touch of a button via IR blaster on the GCE 100.

Is there a default remote GUI for the web orbiter I can utilize?  I.E  On the web orbiter, I would click devices then chose "Living Room TV".  I would like a remote to show up (arrows, a few buttons etc) so I can control the TV/Receiver/Satellite box via the GCE 100 with an on-screen remote per say.  Is this something easily doable?

Or would I have to
a) use orbiter designer to make a remote template
b) upload template then map each template button to an IR code for the up/down arrows/buttons etc?

As a side note, I am doing this as a POC as we are building a 6,000 sq ft house which is done in April.  I plan on controlling 3 floors, over 40 lights, 12 audio zones, home theater, therm, hvac, irrigation, blinds and roughly 30 A/V devices.  I have 9 months to figure out this system so baby steps.  My next step is figuring out the above :).

Thanks in advance,

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Buttons - Web Orbiter 2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 08:44:20 pm »
You will need to build a remote in Designer. Please watch my Designer screencasts, they're linked in the Developers Guide on the wiki:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Developers_Guide#9.3_Skinning_and_User_Interface

-Thom

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 09:31:05 pm »
I've used one of the existing remotes to control a set top box. and added one or two buttons that I needed that weren't there.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 09:39:52 pm »
problem is, these changes need to be checked in as screens, so that they an be used out of the box. I do not want 50,000 different one offs, that you all have to redo each time you install.

-Thom