Author Topic: Radio Shack Clearance  (Read 11349 times)

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Radio Shack Clearance
« on: June 13, 2011, 11:07:33 am »
Just wanted to let everyone know.  I found at our local Radio Shack GE Z-wave dimmers for $14.00, Outdoor Z wave switches for 9.99 and Lamp modules for 9.99.  They were marked for clearance and the guy said there should be the same offerings at other stores.  I hope this post is not inappropriate.  I dont work for Radio Shack or anything. 
Randy

brake16

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Shack Clearance
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 06:12:44 pm »
I'm curious: by any chance was it GE "Smart Remote +" equipment or was it z-wave?  The reason I ask is because radioshack.com doesn't have any z-wave items, and the couple radio shacks I just called in SW Michigan had never heard of z-wave (one helpful Chris actually walked around the store looking at clearance items to see if any z-wave might be found).

Could be regional, I suppose.

Bryce
The Second Empirical Law of Lasers is to not look into the beam with your remaining good eye  - Anonymous

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 04:07:33 am »
They were the GE Z-Wave Dimmer switch 45606.  The lamp module is 45602 and the outdoor module is 45604 I think they are GE part numbers.  They are next to the schlage link products.  I am away from the house but as soon as I get back tomorrow I will get my receipt with the Radio Shack numbers.  Let me know if this helps.  I checked the Radio Shack web site and it said that they no longer carry them. 
Thanks,
Randy

rchamp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 11:29:38 pm »
please share!

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:56:02 pm »
Found out there are no stock numbers on discontinued items.  The fellow there told me that they are only at corporate stores and not franchise stores.  I have looked at other stores but have not found any more z-wave stuff. 
Randy

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 04:53:24 am »
Found out there are no stock numbers on discontinued items.  The fellow there told me that they are only at corporate stores and not franchise stores.  I have looked at other stores but have not found any more z-wave stuff. 
Randy

HOWEVER...

They do store to store shipping for free. So buy corporate and have it shipped locally. :)
I never quit... I just ping out.

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 10:54:27 pm »
Those have been discontinued for a while now.  I'd be shocked if you can still find any.  I believe I cleared out the 2 stores closest to me around march.  Bought every piece they had. 

You get what you pay for though.  2 of them already died on me.  I'll give GE a break and blame my house since the two that broke did so on the same day at almost the same time.  Maybe it was a power spike that skipped all the other sensitive electrical equipment in my house and only got to these to devices.  Plus they're awesome at honoring their warranty.

josephcush39

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 07:43:07 pm »
Just wanted to let everyone know.  I found at our local Radio Shack GE Z-wave dimmers for $14.00, Outdoor Z wave switches for 9.99 and Lamp modules for 9.99.  They were marked for clearance and the guy said there should be the same offerings at other stores.  I hope this post is not inappropriate.  I dont work for Radio Shack or anything. 
Randy

that's a good one

danedwards2

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 04:45:38 am »
Randy

glad to know this, Randy.