Author Topic: 710 system HDD failure, should I reinstall as 810?  (Read 2808 times)

nosebreaker

• Guru
    • View Profile
710 system HDD failure, should I reinstall as 810?
« on: June 13, 2011, 04:10:58 am »
I had a HDD failure in my 710 LMCE system (it was RAID5, and then the 2nd drive had data failure before replacement arrived), and now I am about to reinstall LMCE from scratch.  You can read about my system in the wiki, but the old system had a few issues.  Install was a pain, but I worked through most of the issues.  The only major issue I had left was that after being on 24/7 for a week or two, the system would skip while playing videos (even low-res ones that it shouldn't have an issue with).  I am trying to decide if I should use the latest 810 snapshot, and go for that instead.  In your opinion, if you were me, would you go with the devil you know (710) or the devil you don't (810)?

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: 710 system HDD failure, should I reinstall as 810?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 04:18:19 am »
I had a HDD failure in my 710 LMCE system (it was RAID5, and then the 2nd drive had data failure before replacement arrived), and now I am about to reinstall LMCE from scratch.  You can read about my system in the wiki, but the old system had a few issues.  Install was a pain, but I worked through most of the issues.  The only major issue I had left was that after being on 24/7 for a week or two, the system would skip while playing videos (even low-res ones that it shouldn't have an issue with).  I am trying to decide if I should use the latest 810 snapshot, and go for that instead.  In your opinion, if you were me, would you go with the devil you know (710) or the devil you don't (810)?

I would install 1004 ;)
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

nosebreaker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 04:25:50 am »
Ok, I hate to be a newbie, but where can I download it?  I only see 810!

RayBe

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 05:10:03 am »
Hi nosebreaker,

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Installing_1004
would be a good place to start ;)

br,
Raymond
When you were born, you were crying and everybody else was laughing.
Live your life so when you die, you are laughing and everybody else is crying.

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 02:02:47 am »
I would go for 0810. It has the most features supported that are also supported in 710