diskless (no hard drive needed)
nvidia chipset (8300 and up for vdpau support)
hdmi / dvi / vga output
dual-core or higher cpu
From what I read:
* Having a disk is unnecessary but harmless. http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Unsupported_Disked_MD
explains how to setup a disked MD.
* The Motorola Xoom has an NVIDIA chipset.
* An hdmi / dvi / vga output is not required if using the tablet display
* The following tablets have a dual-core CPU: HP TouchPad, Apple iPad2, Motorola Xoom, BlackBerry PlayBook
* The WebDT which is in listed as an optional MD has an Atom Z530 Processor with a single core and a network interface of Wi-Fi 802.11n with bandwidth of 100 Mbps
the current suggestion for a media director are small Atom ION based systems. I use a first generation ASUS ION ITX mainboard as my main MD, and it works flawless including 1080p.
Thanks. It is useful to know, which is the recommended choice out of the entire list of supported hardware for MD.