Author Topic: Watching Online Video and the screen saver kicks on  (Read 3503 times)

F1forHELP

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Watching Online Video and the screen saver kicks on
« on: June 11, 2011, 08:30:47 am »
Hi,

Having my high speed internet hooked back up I was trying to watch online video through Discovery.com.  After updating the Adobe Flash Player plugin for the installed version of Firefox, I was watching Mythbusters and the screen saver kicked in after about 5-10 minutes or so leaving me unable to watch my video.  I could hear it, but I couldn't see it. 

Once I got the flash player on one media director updated, it was easy to update the rest.  My next task is to update Firefox to the newer version on all of the media directors.

Is there a way to disable the screen saver for such an event?  I looked at creating a scenario but nothing leapt out as the fix

Joseph Hume
F1 for HELP

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Watching Online Video and the screen saver kicks on
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 10:08:48 am »
Had you been in KDE and switched back to the orbiter?
I never quit... I just ping out.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 10:12:54 am »
The Computing OSD screen currently does not override the screen saver. Code needs to be added into the General Info Plugin to do this.

-Thom

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 04:11:11 pm »
I used this to fix that problem (although I'm sure we wont have this problem once the micro-browser is done, thanks golgoj4)

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Screen_saver_timeout

I just set the timeout to a ridculously high number of seconds ( like 4 hours ) and everything was worked great.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 04:13:55 pm »
I'm glad this works for you.

I did not recommend this specifically because this will interfere with automatically turning on/off your AV equipment. Just so you know.

-Thom