Author Topic: How do I stop notifications  (Read 2529 times)

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
How do I stop notifications
« on: June 16, 2011, 02:05:13 pm »
I'm not really sure what they're called so it's making it hard to find the answer.  Here's the scenario.  last night i was watching TV and creating shares on my nas at the same time.  After I created each share Lmce detected the share and decided to stop what I was watching to change inputs on the TV to ask me how to use the share it just found.  The same thing happened when my wife turned on her cell phone and the bluetooth was activated.  I would prefer to only see these notifications on the webdt's and android orbiters.   

Is there a way to only display these messages on certain orbiters?  I started playing with it and I noticed that if there was no media playing at all, and LMCE detected something it wanted to tell me about, it would turn on my TV, show the message and leave the TV on.  This is very bad when dealing with a plasma and no one is home to catch it.  I would like it so no messages are sent to any TV unless it's a security alert, phone call, or door bell alert.  On that note I would only want those alerts on TV if someone is at home and I wouldn't want it on all TVs.  Can some one point me in the right direction or tell me how to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: How do I stop notifications
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 04:55:47 pm »
yes, look in web admin under the Orbiter in question. Alert Filter Level is the one that needs to be amended. Unfortunately, I always forget what to put in there...

Edit: Found a post by totallymaxed.
None - Important - All

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 06:56:10 pm »
Posde you are 100% AWESOME!  Thank You!

Now that I know what to call these notifications, I was able to gather more information.  I'm pretty sure I have my answer but just to confirm, It doesn't look like I can set the alerts based on house mode or media playback status.  Basically I can't set the alert filter to important for an MD but only if media is playing on that MD or the room is occupied.    Am I correct?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 07:35:14 pm »
Correct.