Author Topic: Device Templates  (Read 3042 times)

pedplar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Device Templates
« on: May 29, 2011, 11:38:02 am »
Im trying to create a new device template for my blu-ray player.  in the wiki it says use Design Object for an on screen remote.  What remotes will give me the controls for play and for the onscreen nav keys.  is there a wiki page anywhere that describes what each one does that is listed in the Design Object

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
Re: Device Templates
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 05:18:52 pm »
I would first just try to create the template and LMCE will autogenerate a remote for you, see what layout that gives you.  The ones I have created all the NAV keys stick together and the pause/play rewind,ff, skip fwd, skip back stay together also.  I have never needed to make one using Design Object.

pedplar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 03:49:21 am »
I tried to make a template.  but when i click on it in the orbiter it does nothing. The only way I can get it to work right is by selecting a pre-existing template and modifying the ir codes to use mine
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:55:13 am by pedplar »

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 04:27:55 am »
You need to do a full regen of the Orbiters before you will see the remote for your new device template.

If you already did this then I suggest you give some more detail about the process you used