Author Topic: Xine with live tv  (Read 9634 times)

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Xine with live tv
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 01:04:34 am »
Guys,
    I have a question regarding vdpau configuration...   I have 'hardware acceleration' set to vdpau, 'Deinterlace Quality' set to NONE (although i tried vdpau also).  Ripped DVDs are playing well, and using vdpau (verified by ssh into MD and run 'top').   It is MythTV that I cannot get vdpau to work correctly.. the audio is 'REALLY' choppy, but the video is not near as choppy.   

So, what IS the correct configuration settings?

I am running 0810 on a ASUS M4A77TD mobo, with a quad core Phenom II, and 4 gigs of ram. 

thanks in advance

Dennis

drksun

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 01:08:05 am »
ok, I rebooted and all is well with the latest nvidia drivers. I got the roku box running with vdpau under lmce. Thanks for all your help. Still no audio with the hdpvr under videos but the picture looks great :-)

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 02:36:51 pm »
I upgraded nvdia drivers to the latest posted on nvidia's website 270.41.06 and now I can manually run the video files from the command line with xine -V vdpau fifo://. this works for both the pvr-150 and hdpvr files. Still a black screen in lmce with vdpau support on tho. There is no audio on the hdpvr file but i understand this to be a problem with the transport stream the hdpvr uses.

ok, I rebooted and all is well with the latest nvidia drivers. I got the roku box running with vdpau under lmce. Thanks for all your help. Still no audio with the hdpvr under videos but the picture looks great :-)

Hmm, looks like your issues are solved exclusively by the nvidia driver update!  The 270 drivers were still in beta when I posted the updated libxine2, I'll look at updating the link to the latest stable.

I have audio on the hdpvr file you posted just fine.

How is your audio connected?  Are you using analog, s/p-dif or hdmi? 
Do you have dts/ac3 passthrough enabled if you are using spdif or hdmi?

J.

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 02:52:09 pm »
Guys,
    I have a question regarding vdpau configuration...   I have 'hardware acceleration' set to vdpau, 'Deinterlace Quality' set to NONE (although i tried vdpau also).  Ripped DVDs are playing well, and using vdpau (verified by ssh into MD and run 'top').   It is MythTV that I cannot get vdpau to work correctly.. the audio is 'REALLY' choppy, but the video is not near as choppy.   

So, what IS the correct configuration settings?

I am running 0810 on a ASUS M4A77TD mobo, with a quad core Phenom II, and 4 gigs of ram. 

thanks in advance

Dennis

Dennis, start a new thread in future.

I don't think that motherboard supports VDPAU?! My limited understanding is that VDPAU is for small form factor motherboards such as mini-ITX, atom boards etc. Or are you using an nVidia card that supports VDPAU? If so, dedicate the maximum amount of memory to it, in BIOS.

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 03:38:52 pm »

As purps says, this should be split to a new thread.  But: I havn't set mythtv up in a quite a while but I remember that vdpau setting used to have to be applied manually to mythtv.  I don't remember if the vdpau settings are automatically applied to mythtv now or not.  Hmm, vdpau settings don't seem to be updated by mythtv_setup.pl so I really don't know if vdpau is automatically set for mythtv when you set it in webadmin.  You may have to check your settings manually in mythfrontend...  You can run mythfrontend from the KDE desktop to check your Playback settings for mythtv and see if vdpau is the selected method.

J.

drksun

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 05:35:06 pm »
Well it was working then I rebooted and it went back to displaying a black screen again. So I think i might just rebuild that whole md and start fresh. The audio from the hdpvr is spdif running on the core. The md is just using a analog connector.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 05:43:12 pm »
Right now, if you are using Legacy A/V mode (NOT MythTV), the tuner changing scripts, while they have support for changing the audio port, the necessary code hasn't been completed to change the audio port on the capture card (like the video port). I've done most of the work, but I'm swamped doing other things as well.

Feel free to jump in and help complete the work if you wish. It will take some C++ and HA Designer knowledge.

-Thom

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 12:48:54 am »
thanks guys... will start another thread in future (I figured since vdpau was being mentioned here, i'd ask) 

Yeah.. I have a nVidia 9800GT mobo... I will check bios memory allocation for it.

Dennis