Author Topic: Dianemo 10.10 brand new no longer for sale  (Read 6920 times)

marcb

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Dianemo 10.10 brand new no longer for sale
« on: May 05, 2011, 07:42:52 pm »
Edit: I have decided to keep the core and be a bit more patient!!

Hello,

I am selling my Dianemo NC 300 it is only just over a week old and has had nothing done to it except adding myself as a user. It has:
2tb hdd
2 x dvb s2 pci cards

i paid just over £1500 for it and will concider any reasonable offers, i can arrange a courier or you can pick it up.

If you want to know anything else just ask.

Thanks

Marc
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:31:02 pm by marcb »
Thanks in advance

Regards

Marc

brake16

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Dianemo 10.10 brand new for sale **Bargain**
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:22 pm »
One week.  Wow.  I'm pretty conflicted.  Part of me wants to encourage you to stick with it, because Andrew and his crew know what they're doing.  I am floored with the level of professionalism, friendliness, and the immense amount of assistance I've received from them getting my NC300 up and running.  But you should know, one week is hardly a wet toe when it comes to swimming with lmce.

The other part of me feels a bit resigned that if you couldn't make it much more than one week without giving up, especially at the £1500 level of commitment, you probably don't have enough patience for this system.  In no way should that be taken to disparage Dianemo, nor am I trying to verbally abuse you.  That's just the nature of what things are.

The main benefits that I see to a Dianemo system are these:
  • Once set up, my core will work.  Period.
  • As long as I stay on the recommended hardware list, my components will be compatible.  Period.
  • Any software problems are taken care of.
  • Any configuration problems, and there are experts to correspond with.
There are many other benefits, including continual development.  But these four benefits are massive.  Just ask anyone who's struggled through an unsupported NIC, or the guys who tried for a year to get audio through hdmi on their own.  But you still need to do a lot of work yourself.  And you need to have patience.

Bryce
The Second Empirical Law of Lasers is to not look into the beam with your remaining good eye  - Anonymous

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 11:13:54 pm »
Marc,

I don't know where you live, but in my part of the woods you have the right to return stuff for a full refund. So I wonder why you want to sell it?

marcb

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 11:43:17 pm »
@Brake16
Andrew has been helpful and maybe I am being a bit hasty but its not what i thought it would be, Asterisk not working was a big set back as most of the equipment i have is ip handsets a lynksys 3102 ect so it was just a router. I think maybe CHT and myself have gone passed the point of return in our relationship so it's not an option to keep it now. As i would feel awkward now asking for help and to be fair they probably no longer want to give it to me.

It hasnt been a long time, i've done loads of other open source projects stuff thats taken me months of reading, trying, asking questions. I started off enthusiastic about this project spent around £2000 to get started, I did see it as a long term thing, but now i dont want to turn it on.

@posde
I live in the UK, returning it isnt an option unfortunatley
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:25:24 pm by marcb »
Thanks in advance

Regards

Marc

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 09:46:30 pm »
@Brake16
Andrew has been helpful and maybe I am being a bit hasty but its not what i thought it would be, Asterisk not working was a big set back as most of the equipment i have is ip handsets a lynksys 3102 ect so it was just a router. I think maybe CHT and myself have gone passed the point of return in our relationship so it's not an option to keep it now. As i would feel awkward now asking for help and to be fair they probably no longer want to give it to me.

It hasnt been a long time, i've done loads of other open source projects stuff thats taken me months of reading, trying, asking questions. I started off enthusiastic about this project spent around £2000 to get started, I did see it as a long term thing, but now i dont want to turn it on.

@posde
I live in the UK, returning it isnt an option unfortunatley

Hi Marc,

We'd be more than happy to continue helping you. I was amazed when I saw your email that mentioned you were giving up with your system. So please dont feel awkward at all - there's no need to feel like that.

If you want to power it back up just let us know and we'll do everything we can to get you up and running - including Asterisk.

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk