Author Topic: ATA Doorbell/Doorphone  (Read 3376 times)

PKWilson

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
ATA Doorbell/Doorphone
« on: May 02, 2011, 09:14:15 am »
I've been trying to set up an analogue telephone adapter as a doorphone/doorbell as per this page in the wiki:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Doorbell

I haven't been able to get the Doorbell event to trigger. What I don't understand is this line:

"After this is done, whenever the extension is triggered, it will ring mobile orbiters and any cell phone orbiters listed in the webadmin. "

How does an extension "trigger". Is this just the analog phone going off-hook? A call being initiated? A certain code being dialed? I've tried a few things but have never been able to get a Doorbell event. It doesn't appear in the logs and I tried adding a "Respond to Event" for Doorbell, but the action never gets executed.

Is anyone doing this successfully in 8.10 with an ATA on extension 994? If so, how does a phone extension "trigger".

Thanks

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: ATA Doorbell/Doorphone
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:51:09 pm »
call being initiated to the relevant mobile phones. You need to define phone numbers in Wizard > security > cellphone notifications.

If you are using Pluto mobile orbiters, the phone numbers are already defined as part of your mobile orbiter, and you just need to make sure Door Intercom is selected.

-Thom

PKWilson

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: ATA Doorbell/Doorphone
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:45:02 am »
Thanks Thom

My phone is Android so I don't actually have any "Mobile Orbiters" to get it to ring. I though I might be able to get around it by putting an extension into the "Other Notifications" section of the "Cellphone Notifications" page, but I still didn't get any Doorbell events firing when it initiated a call to that extension.

I also just worked out that I can set the EK_AlertType on my door camera to 6, which makes camera movement my doorbell, and I can then configure it in the "Active Sensors", but sadly I have a bit too much background movement for it to be useful.

So I decided to just get a GC-100 to set up a doorbell properly.

Cheers
Phil