Author Topic: Is my install good  (Read 3249 times)

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Is my install good
« on: April 26, 2011, 05:40:21 pm »
I would like some help with my installation.  How do I tell if my install is good?  I have re-installed the core two times over the past 3 days and have had different failures with each install.  First install the media directors failed when trying to start active X, the second install the media directors failed on initialization.  There seems to be directory problems with replication of songs on the media menu.  I need to know if there is a way to verify that all the modules are present.
Thanks
Randy

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Is my install good
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:13:26 pm »
I would like some help with my installation.  How do I tell if my install is good?  I have re-installed the core two times over the past 3 days and have had different failures with each install.  First install the media directors failed when trying to start active X, the second install the media directors failed on initialization.  There seems to be directory problems with replication of songs on the media menu.  I need to know if there is a way to verify that all the modules are present.
Thanks
Randy

Please tell me what video cards the MDs have.
When you say on initialization, you mean during PXE boot, never making it to AVWizard? If so, run the Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh again.
There has been a recent change to the media_plugin.so which may be responsible for goofyness... there has also been a fix, which at this moment has not yet been built for update but should be within the next day or so.
I never quit... I just ping out.

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 03:39:39 pm »
Thank you for responding.  I have zotac ion n230 I believe they were working on a previous install.  I did reload the Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh again and the MD made it past the previous place where the installation stalled.  I have now run into another problem with "unable to load active X". It seems to have something to do with the nvidia 195 drivers.  The program recommends doing an apt-get -f install.  I tried this but nothing happened.  Keep in mind this was a functional system as far as media directors were concerned before doing the reload.  Thinking abut trying another reload of the system with the latest good snapshot.  Too bad I am at the airport in Houston waiting on a flight.  Any help would be appreciated.
Randy

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 07:58:32 pm »
can you ssh into your MD and have a look at xorg.conf.  (perhaps post it)

I would be particularly looking for the device section:
Code: [Select]
Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection

for example

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 05:36:02 pm »
Thanks for the response.  I am at a conference, will be back tomorrow night and will check xconf.
Randy