Author Topic: New(s) Easter Bunny in Town  (Read 3568 times)

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
New(s) Easter Bunny in Town
« on: April 26, 2011, 01:37:04 am »
http://www.linuxmce.org/index.php/news/developer/152-news-easter-bunny-in-town

Dear Linuxmce community,

Happy Easter from everybody working night and day digging and poking in the code of LinuxMCE. There has been a change of watch. The bringer of news will be me from now on, till you all are bored with me, and/or vice verse.

Who is this newbie?
I am the serious version of somebody you might already know. I was/am BongoWongo.
My roots are not in IT at all, but in law. I am from the country that is squashed between United Kingdom, Germany and France. I do this as a hobby and a proof of concept. I am known for my good taste in jokes and testing almost every 0810 snapshot that is made available.
Take a look at http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Snapshot_overview

What can you expect from me?
What I want to try to do is, make a translation from "dev-talk" towards the linuxmce-community. When I started with LinuxMCE I was overwhelmed with the scope of the project, and also overwhelmed with all the information available. Sometimes it was not easy to grasp, what I was doing wrong? Was it a bug, am I the bug. It took me a long time to feel more and more comfortable with linuxMCE, but also I have a long way to go.
So to sum it up; make information easily accessible for people to what is really happening.

Can we congratulate you?
No, due to my Calvinistic nature, I cannot handle positiveness regarding my ego.

So what is the news then?
The news will be short today, to let the change sink in. Every dev is working hard on 0810 and 1004. 0810 is quite usable but not production ready. 1004 is for the bold, and misses some features. But the bottom line for both is, Asterisk. We really need help on that. So all hands on deck! Call that long lost friend/neighbour/ex, you know, the one who was always telling you about his vast phreaking Asterisk skills.

I will be back with you soon with more news.
There is a forum topic about this news article so you can react and give suggestions for the next item

B.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:04:00 pm by bongowongo »

KlfJoat

• View Profile
Re: New(s) Easter Bunny in Town
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 04:24:43 am »
I at least want to acknowledge your post.  Thanks for the info!

By the way, is there any info on the status of 1004?  I looked for a wiki page, but couldn't find one with the information I want:  What systems/subsystems work or don't work?  An obviously rough but realistic estimate of when it could be useful to non-devs?