Author Topic: Media files do not show up under "sort by filename"  (Read 2594 times)

THEVILLAIN

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Media files do not show up under "sort by filename"
« on: April 15, 2011, 07:43:39 pm »

When "sort by filename" is used on the media director, none of my movies are showing up.  Just some folders under /home/public/data/videos.   Most of the media is located on CIFS mounts linked to /home/public/data/other and a few files under .../data/movies.   When I sort by title, everything shows up fine.

I guess filename sort in not using  /home/public/data as its base/root path ?

On a filename sort I would expect to be able to access all the folders under /home/public/data.   

Comments, anyone else see this behavior ?

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Media files do not show up under "sort by filename"
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 02:46:13 am »
yup...  I had the same situation... I had two internal hard drives for data.. only the drive links were shown, but if you go into the links, whatever media was on them showed up...

I guess it is a 'feature' of the 'sort by filename'  :-\

Dennis

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 08:00:11 am »
Sometimes, it has not categorized the entire folder for whatever reason. While i do not know all of the root causes, i do know that hitting resyncronize on the disk/ directory in question generally forces it to then show up as it goes to all corners whatever you told it to resync.

-not scientific i know, hope it helps
golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 01:50:59 pm »
The default sort method that Orbiter uses for audio and video now can now be changed.

Goto WebAdmin -> Wizard -> Devices -> Orbiters

At the top of the screen is a pair of pull down menus, one for video and one for audio, with buttons to 'Set Default Sort'. 

Set the default value to 'Title' for video click on "Set Default Sort".  (Set As Default Sort)

This should allow you to see your movies by Title and not the Windows Share Filename.

Cheers.