Author Topic: RS232 not detected  (Read 8292 times)

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
Re: RS232 not detected
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 05:04:52 pm »
Newguy2,

you may just want to check your device pipes are set correctly.  From webadmin > AV equipement click on the 'connection wizard' link at the top and see if LMCE understands how things are connected.

This is what mine looks like:
http://www.techstyleuk.co.uk/Screenshot.png

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 01:47:56 am »
nope, that didn't work for me.  I successfully added my tv but I can't control it.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 02:11:27 am »
stick with it, check that the device isn't marked as 'disabled'

goto webadmin > AV equipment find the TV and hit the advanced button, in the first section there is a check box that says disabled, make sure it isn't checked.

Mine also didn't work at first.  try regening the orbiters and rebooting the core.  I know my sharp is working when the volume bar comes up during reboots/reloads.

Also, have you got the correct serial cable, mine needs a null modem or cross over cable - make sure you have the right type for your TV

also on the device page for the TV is access to the log.  Take a look at it for any errors, use the 'view whole log' link at the top right. 

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 03:37:44 pm »
Man... I've been really off this week.  I need a vacation!

I just remoted into my system at home and saw the TV as Disabled.   I swear I checked that last night, I don't know how I missed that.  I'm going to be gone all weekend so now I can't play with it until Monday.  Guess I have to leave work early today.  Yea... it's that important.  ;D

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 07:28:40 pm »
I got it working... if that's what you'd call it... 

For a while it would fall back to Disabled after I reloaded or rebooted.  Now it's enabled all the time but I can't send many commands to it.  On a reboot it turns my TV off (if it's on), if I push the bottun for my cable box on the orbiter it turns the TV on.  However it refuses to change inputs as needed and if i'm in the A/V page and I send a test command to it nothing happens. I can go under the Power section on the orbiter and turn the TV on but I can't turn it off, when i go to resend AV codes and I try to manually send commands nothing works, including the power on command. 

So communication between LMCE and my TV is obviously there, The codes are good cause it does work under the right conditions,  I just don't know how to get it to work all the time.  I've tried full regens, reloads, reboots, picking different templates and created my own. 

Any thoughts?

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 07:35:24 pm »
Can you confirm you make/model, the template you are using and post your log when this is occuring?

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 07:50:24 pm »
Can you confirm you make/model, the template you are using and post your log when this is occuring?

Of course! When I get home tonight, If I get to leave work, I'll post it.