Author Topic: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Problem  (Read 3319 times)

marcuse1

• View Profile
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Problem
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:07:09 am »
Hey,  I'mo trying to install the 2250 and I downloaded the driver from kerellabs.  The driver works before I run the LinuxMCE install script, but not after.  No new devices are created.  Is this a kernel version problem.  Or do I need to add it through the web interface?

Thanks in advance.

Marc

Schmich

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 03:18:06 pm »
I unfortunately can't answer your question but I can say that I've got an HVR4000 and an HVR1200. Both receive their drivers/firmwares like they should _but_ the 1200 isn't automatically added as a device. I haven't added it manually yet either as it still works (might be due to the 4000 being installed, I'm not sure). So assuming that you're using MythTV get into the MythTV-setup (under Computing) and see if the device is actually there configurable.

As you may know the drivers seem to be added in 2.6.32 however Mandingo has done some hard work to get many cards to be PnP with 8.10 (i.e. the card might work, just not get added as a device automatically)
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Capture_Cards

Hopefully someone who is more than just a noob can help you a bit better :P

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 08:39:34 pm »
I tried to address you in irc...

This is a pci-e card, and while it is listed in the wiki as plug n play... there are a lot of additions saying some manual massage is necessary.

I also have a pci-e card (ngene) that I use a kernel labs driver to make functional. It is never automatically detected by LMCE, however if the driver is installed after LMCE is installed, it is detected in mythtv setup (in computing). I expect yours will be the same until this card is made plug n play. You would probably make a lot of peoples lives happier (as many seek pci-e cap cards) if you helped in that process.
I never quit... I just ping out.