Author Topic: Looking for Media Directors (like Z1, Z2, etc)  (Read 5611 times)

electric_flesh

• View Profile
Looking for Media Directors (like Z1, Z2, etc)
« on: March 17, 2011, 04:40:28 pm »
OK, im looking for a bundle solution of a diskless Thin Client to be use as a MD. I've looked www.lmcecompatible.com and i found the Z1 and Z2 MD solutions, wich are very good for me. However, seems to be those machines doesn't have a Video Capture device.

I need a bundle hardware solution to use as diskless MD, with HDMI output, no Hard Disk (we use PXEbooting) and a Video/audio capture interface to watch TV on each thin client.

If i find a good solution, i will request more units.

Regards,

Alejandro.

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
Re: Looking for Media Directors (like Z1, Z2, etc)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 05:19:54 pm »
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 05:33:43 pm »
Dude. PLEASE spend at least a year with this system yourself, before even considering deployment. This system has many moving parts.

You will need as many capture cards as there are video input sources. One video input source can be multiplexed to multiple media directors.

I tend to get very angry with people who think they can get exactly the info they need spoon fed to them, before deploying a massive installation, because these people tend to lack the in depth knowledge needed to support a large installation of this software; they tend to come screaming back to the forum when they trip up.

You have been warned.

-Thom

electric_flesh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 06:05:26 pm »
Hey... Im just asking for a hardware piece i want to buy (this is marketplace)... This is for educational purposes, but details doesn't matter. Obviously, we cannot expect an open source software comes with "guarantee", so dont worry my friend; nobody is coming screaming back only because is stucked... i could not be so ungrateful (like the bussines man in another topic of this forum).

So, as i say, i need to buy a MD.. if it doesn't exist, ...well, bad luck. That´s all.

Thanks all of you for your support and recommendations about deployment. I studied networking and communications career at college, but we didn't deal with linux systems..just a few times. I've learning a lot thanks to this software.

uplink

• Administrator
  • Guru
  • Linux and LinuxMCE witchdoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 01:01:35 pm »
Dude. PLEASE spend at least a year with this system yourself, before even considering deployment. This system has many moving parts.

You will need as many capture cards as there are video input sources. One video input source can be multiplexed to multiple media directors.

I tend to get very angry with people who think they can get exactly the info they need spoon fed to them, before deploying a massive installation, because these people tend to lack the in depth knowledge needed to support a large installation of this software; they tend to come screaming back to the forum when they trip up.

You have been warned.

-Thom

Actually, it doesn't matter when you start developing. Day 1 or day 3000, you'll still know nothing unless you get into code. I've been 7 years on this project, as a developer, and when I still don't know anything :)

If someone wants to jump head first into code, don't suggest they don't. Ever!