Author Topic: Adding a audio line level input to handle an OTA Tuner  (Read 2267 times)

F1forHELP

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Adding a audio line level input to handle an OTA Tuner
« on: March 16, 2011, 07:37:38 am »
I have an old Pioneer TX-530 AM/FM Stand-Alone Tuner that I would like to hook into the MCE system so I can listen to local radio.  I can't for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong.

I gone into the admin page / Wizards / Devices / AV Equipment / Add Device / Template 2145 (Pioneer OTARadio) / Pick Device Template, and rebooted the Core when prompted.

I don't know how to tell MCE to listen to Line-In on the sound card.  There is no button created for Radio to listen.  I know I won't be able to control the tuner (as in station), but I would like to be able to listen to it anywhere in the house.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Is this something that can be done?

Thanks

Joseph Hume
F1 for HELP

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
Re: Adding a audio line level input to handle an OTA Tuner
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 07:13:16 pm »
I think the Pioneer OTARadio template is a subtemplate of a pioneer receiver. and as such does not have the I/O you need.  It thinks it is a radio inside a receiver.  I beleive you will need to create your own template with the correct IO and then it should work however I am not sure how you would set the device pipes because the core doesn't have audio inputs.

F1forHELP

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Adding a audio line level input to handle an OTA Tuner
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 07:22:55 am »
How do you add an audio input pipe?  I have the (tuner / cassette desk / 8-track / auxillary (you pick)) device's line level output plugged into the line input on my home theatre media director.

I have tried creating a template, but it only has outputs.  I tried using the AV Wizard, but it wanted to have a device template as well.

Joseph Hume
F1 for HELP