I'm currently building my house and have a goal of controlling "every" aspect of my house from a LinuxMCE setup.
1. Temperature control
2. Z-wave for all the lights, the electricians are putting in the components as I write
3. Music in multiple rooms, with built inn speakers
4. Possible to stream different tv signal to different rooms
5. Security systems with surveillance cameras
6. pluss much more, what cool things can be done
My budget is good and I rather do this the right way. I'm putting Cat6 cables inn all the rooms, I have a central room to put my Core, this room will also have the cable/satelite input, all the Cat6 cables ends up here. I also make it possible to wire from the speakers to both this room and to central location around the house, places to put my MD's maybe?
I understand that this is going to take some time. I tried out a little bit this weekend, and yes.. things take time.
Would greatly appreciate all input on how to best solve the different things.