Author Topic: Cannot exit/quit video playback- unable to return to orbiter screen 8.10  (Read 6072 times)

mindman

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Hi
Have been very, very patient installing Lmce on 810, got it all working ok and even ripped a dvd. :D (after 3 years of attemps )
When I playback the DVD either using the original dvd disk, or trhe ripped version, i am unable to quit/exit the video playback window, which is very frustrating as I cannot get back to my home screen without rebooting the machine.

can someone please help?
Tia
Ken

Aviator

• Veteran
    • View Profile
What kind of remote are you using? Hitting the power button on the remote while a video is playing *should* stop playback.  I had the same frustration before I had a MCE remote. I don't think it can be done with just a mouse (I might be wrong here) but with a keyboard you should be able to hit Esc to get out of media playback. Hope this helps and welcome to LinuxMCE!

Regards,
Michael

mindman

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Hi

I am not using a remote. just mouse and keyboard. hitting esc doesnt exit the window, nor does hitting the right mouse button.
I have tried every key on my kbd... the only way to get out of it isw to ctrl-alt-bspace :(

any other suggestions?

Thanks

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
Try the F7 key

Richard

Aviator

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Try the F7 key

Richard

My bad, thanks for correcting.  It's been a while since I've used a keyboard on my MD.

JoakimL

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I would truly recommend trying to control LMCE with an Orbiter, it opened my eyes when I got RoamingOrb going; everything is working much smoother and more logical. WebOrbiter is also OK but it's when you have a separate control device that things get flying.

/Joakim

Aviator

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I would truly recommend trying to control LMCE with an Orbiter, it opened my eyes when I got RoamingOrb going; everything is working much smoother and more logical. WebOrbiter is also OK but it's when you have a separate control device that things get flying.

/Joakim

I agree with this as well. Gyration remotes are nice to have too.

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Hi,

When you have selected media-> video from the menu and are playing a movie...

...if you wish to stop what is playing press the F1 key.

That will pull up menu choices of

Menu
DVD Options
Copy Disk