Author Topic: xine-lib and video playback issues?  (Read 36968 times)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: xine-lib and video playback issues?
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2012, 11:51:26 am »
I have copied parts of the YaVDR PPA into our repo, to ease the installation of the VDR parts. This is for 1004. YaVDR are very good at providing fairly up-to-date xine and mplayer debs. Glad that it works not only for the happy VDR users, but also for the poor souls still needing to run MythTV ;P

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2012, 01:43:39 am »
I get an error trying to install the pluto-xine-player. I tried reinstalling the libavcodec52 once again (this time with no error in the end) but I still get the same error trying the install the pluto-xine-player

Code: [Select]
root@moon49:~/Desktop# dpkg -i pluto-xine-player_2.0.0.44.11110425106_i386.deb
dpkg: regarding pluto-xine-player_2.0.0.44.11110425106_i386.deb containing pluto-xine-player, pre-dependency problem:
 pluto-xine-player pre-depends on libxine2 (>= 1.1.90)
  libxine2 is not installed but configs remain.
dpkg: error processing pluto-xine-player_2.0.0.44.11110425106_i386.deb (--install):
 pre-dependency problem - not installing pluto-xine-player
Errors were encountered while processing:
 pluto-xine-player_2.0.0.44.11110425106_i386.deb

Trying to reinstall libxine2 gives me:
root@moon49:~/Desktop# dpkg -i libxine2_1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid_i386.deb
Selecting previously deselected package libxine2.
(Reading database ... 119563 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libxine2 (from libxine2_1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libxine2:
 libxine2 depends on libpostproc51 (>= 4:0.6-1~) | libpostproc-extra-51 (>= 4:0.6-1~); however:
  Version of libpostproc51 on system is 3:0.svn20080206-12ubuntu3.3.
  Package libpostproc-extra-51 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing libxine2 (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for man-db ...
 libxine2

What am I doing wrong ?

thnx
itsik

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2012, 07:23:32 pm »
Looks like you might have to uninstall libpostproc51 first.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2012, 03:29:40 pm »
I get an error trying to install the pluto-xine-player. I tried reinstalling the libavcodec52 once again (this time with no error in the end) but I still get the same error trying the install the pluto-xine-player

What am I doing wrong ?

thnx
itsik

I don't have access to my system at the moment.  I'll check into this later tonight and get back to you.  It looks like I may have missed a dependency in the archive.

J.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:36:04 pm by phenigma »

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2012, 07:25:44 pm »
I missed a dependency for libxine2, I aplogize for that.  The first post has been updated and there is a new archive there that includes the updated libpostproc51 that libxine2 was built against.  Good luck!  Let me know if you have any other issues.

J.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 07:28:20 pm by phenigma »

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2012, 12:49:37 am »
Thnx phenigma, but it still doesn't work

root@moon49:~/Desktop# dpkg -i lib*.deb
(Reading database ... 119962 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libavcodec52 4:0.7.1.rc1-1ubuntu1~ph1 (using libavcodec52_0.7.1.rc1-1ubuntu1~ph1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libavcodec52 ...                                                                             
Preparing to replace libavutil50 4:0.7.1.rc1-1ubuntu1~ph1 (using libavutil50_0.7.1.rc1-1ubuntu1~ph1_i386.deb) ... 
Unpacking replacement libavutil50 ...                                                                             
Preparing to replace libpostproc51 4:0.7.1~rc1-1ubuntu1~ph1 (using libpostproc51_0.7.1~rc1-1ubuntu1~ph1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libpostproc51 ...                                                                             
Preparing to replace libxine-dev 1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid (using libxine-dev_1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libxine-dev ...                                                                                                         
Preparing to replace libxine2-dbg 1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid (using libxine2-dbg_1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid_i386.deb) ...                                                                                                                                               
Unpacking replacement libxine2-dbg ...                                                                                                         
Preparing to replace libxine2-doc 1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid (using libxine2-doc_1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libxine2-doc ...                                                                                                         
Preparing to replace libxine2 1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid (using libxine2_1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid_i386.deb) ...       
Unpacking replacement libxine2 ...                                                                                                             
Setting up libavutil50 (4:0.7.1.rc1-1ubuntu1~ph1) ...                                                                                           

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libpostproc51:
 libpostproc51 depends on libavutil50 (<< 4:0.7.1~rc1-99) | libavutil-extra-50 (<< 4:0.7.1~rc1-99); however:
  Version of libavutil50 on system is 4:0.7.1.rc1-1ubuntu1~ph1.                                             
  Package libavutil-extra-50 is not installed.                                                             
dpkg: error processing libpostproc51 (--install):                                                           
Setting up libxine2-doc (1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libxine2:
 libxine2 depends on libpostproc51 (>= 4:0.6-1~) | libpostproc-extra-51 (>= 4:0.6-1~); however:
  Package libpostproc51 is not configured yet.
  Package libpostproc-extra-51 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing libxine2 (--install):
Setting up libavcodec52 (4:0.7.1.rc1-1ubuntu1~ph1) ...

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libxine-dev:
 libxine-dev depends on libxine2 (= 1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid); however:
  Package libxine2 is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing libxine-dev (--install):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libxine2-dbg:
 libxine2-dbg depends on libxine2 (= 1.2.0~hg20111113.2230-1yavdr1~intrepid); however:
  Package libxine2 is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing libxine2-dbg (--install):
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for libc6 ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
 libpostproc51
 libxine2
 libxine-dev
 libxine2-dbg

Any idea ?

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2012, 03:47:53 pm »
Try an "apt-get -f install" and see what that does for you.  Otherwise I will set up a test machine today and get this sorted out.  I apologize for the issues you're having.

J.

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2012, 11:22:17 pm »
First of all, no need to apologize and thanks for all you efforts :)
I tried what you suggested and it wants to uninstall just about everything:

root@moon49:~# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  x11-apps sg3-utils mythtv-frontend pwgen libglib1.2ldbl libconvert-binhex-perl libtext-bidi-perl libsoap-lite-perl libmtp8 liblzo1
  mythtv-common xcompmgr xfonts-scalable libemail-find-perl lsof libgtk1.2 libcrypt-ssleay-perl pluto-sdl-helpers libnet-ssleay-perl
  libfame-0.9 libclass-methodmaker-perl libxml-perl pluto-confirm-dependencies mythtv-database libhtml-fromtext-perl x11-xfs-utils toolame
  libregexp-common-perl libpvm3 mysql-server-5.0 amarok-common lmce-windowutils libxml-twig-perl libexporter-lite-perl libfftw3-3 libsgutils1
  transcode-doc beep libmyth-0.23-0 libarchive-zip-perl libsox0 libossp-uuid-perl libsdl-sge pluto-avwizard-skin-basic libmime-tools-perl
  libxml-libxslt-perl xmltv-util libossp-uuid15 libnet-domain-tld-perl lmce-mythtv-scripts xfonts-75dpi ethtool libttf2 libxml-dom-perl xinput
  pluto-libresolution pluto-x-scripts wmctrl liblog-tracemessages-perl libhtml-tableextract-perl xloadimage mysql-server alsa-utils
  msttcorefonts libnet-ip-perl libhid0 libmjpegtools0c2a libnet-dns-perl pluto-hal-device-finder libtunepimp5 libifp4 cabextract xinit pvm
  mythtv-doc libdate-manip-perl libgpod3-nogtk x11-session-utils libhttp-cache-transparent-perl libwww-mechanize-perl libiso9660-5
  flashplugin-nonfree libsox-fmt-base libfs6 libgpod-common sox xfonts-100dpi libfile-slurp-perl liblingua-preferred-perl libgtk1.2-common
  libconfuse0 libxml-xpath-perl libfcgi-perl libunicode-string-perl libxml-writer-perl libasound2-plugins libsox-fmt-alsa alsa-base
  libemail-address-perl mjpegtools xorg linux-sound-base libio-socket-ssl-perl libxml-regexp-perl libdigest-hmac-perl libemail-valid-perl
  libquicktime1 libgraphicsmagick1 libxp6 libvcdinfo0 pluto-mcr-remote libxmltv-perl libnjb5 libterm-progressbar-perl libofa0 libmpeg2-4
  libdigest-sha1-perl
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  amarok amarok-engine-xine dragonplayer kubuntu-desktop libpostproc51 libxine-dev libxine1 libxine2 libxine2-dbg mythtv-backend
  phonon-backend-xine pluto-avwizard pluto-mythtv-player pluto-nvidia-video-drivers pluto-orbiter pluto-xine-player transcode xine-ui
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 18 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
4 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 146MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

any idea whats next ?

thnx
Itsik

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2012, 08:44:34 pm »
First of all, no need to apologize and thanks for all you efforts :)
I tried what you suggested and it wants to uninstall just about everything:

any idea whats next ?

thnx
Itsik

I've tested this here locally and it looks like I've mucked up the dependencies and the libpostproc51 I supplied is not the correct build of the .deb.

I will re-do the build in the next few days and re-post proper dependencies.

Sorry for the frustration.  You can use the older version (the text with the strike-through) in the first post until I get this rebuilt.  Should have it ready before the end of the weekend.

J.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2012, 11:50:19 pm »
Updated.  I've redone the two tar files, proper dependencies (and all of them) are included.  I've done a test install and it works. 

J.

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 07:48:22 pm »
Just installed i and it works :)

Thank you so much for your efforts.
One thing tough. I have this one MKV that did not work before, now the video works great and even the subtitles. The only thing not working is the sound (which works as usual in other videos). The receiver doesn't even pickup he stream at first. After a minutes or so it suddenly switches to DTS, but still no sound is preasent.
In the web admin, the sound card is configures as HDA Nvidia and the AC3/DTS pass thru is checked.
Is there anyway to check what's going on ?

One more question, is there any way to control the font/encoding of the subtitles ?

Thnx again.
Itsik

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2012, 08:14:55 pm »
Just installed i and it works :)

Thank you so much for your efforts.

You're welcome.  I am glad others are able to make use of the upgrade.

One thing tough. I have this one MKV that did not work before, now the video works great and even the subtitles. The only thing not working is the sound (which works as usual in other videos). The receiver doesn't even pickup he stream at first. After a minutes or so it suddenly switches to DTS, but still no sound is preasent.
In the web admin, the sound card is configures as HDA Nvidia and the AC3/DTS pass thru is checked.
Is there anyway to check what's going on ?

What kind of audio is stored in the file?  DTS & AC3 should play fine (I have no issues whatsoever with either).  AAC stereo should play just fine as well.  AAC multichannel audio will likely fail to play, although xine fails to play these files at all for me unless I reconfigure it.  Check my wiki for how I reconfigure xine.conf to enable AAC multichannel on 0810.  I have been unable to get multichannel AAC to work on 1004, something between the alsa version and the nvidia drivers is the likely cause but beyond me to figure out right now.

I have at other times had issues with sound on MDs and I usually re-run the avwizard and everything is fixed.  My audio is set for 'Standard Sound Card', I've never tried changing it to HDA nvida.  Not sure what effect that would have, if any.

One more question, is there any way to control the font/encoding of the subtitles ?

I believe that these are controlled through xine-ui, but I am not certain.  I do not have much media with subtitles, mostly Blu-Ray on disc.

J.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:15:17 am by phenigma »

sedgington

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2012, 05:21:07 pm »
Thank you so much! For the first time I can play mythtv recordings that show up in the video list directly through LMCE. This has been a deficiency that has been often commented on but none of the earlier fixes took care of it on my system. Fantastic upgrade for LMCE. Great work.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2012, 02:16:18 am »
You're welcome.  I'm glad it's providing a benefit for others as it does for me!

J.