I have left the .mkv for now, trying to get normal functionality before moving to the more serious stuff.
I was hosting a party this weekend and found out the hard way that the LMCE basics are not working.
1. Tried to play some old music videos (avi) across the house and found that when you try and use the floor plan on those files, they only play properly on the MD where you start it from, on the other MDs' it staggers. Those where some really old AVIs', but never the less would play fine on any ONE
MD but badly accross multiple MDs'
2. I added a playlist with the newer AVIs' and .mpg files and the staggering was gone but the media was completely out of sink. If you then sink them it goes out of sink when the next track/video starts (music files or video files).
3. Workaround for the party was to start the playlists from the core and go to the FloorPlan and add the MDs'. Then the MDs' are in sink but the Core/Hybrid is about 3-5 sec behind. This is fine because my core is in the garage, but what if it where a hybrid?
4. What would I do if my Core was actually a just Core with no sound card or MD runnuing?, then I would not be able to start the media on the core so as to sink the MDs'
5. I was always under the impression that when you go to the FloorPlan it was always streamed from the Core, it seems that I was wrong.
6. Today I booted my old core to test and it behaves exactly the same.
Is anyone else aware of this?
Is this how it has always been?