Author Topic: xine-lib and video playback issues?  (Read 36960 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: xine-lib and video playback issues?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 11:30:52 am »
it looks like there are a  lot of updates being pumped out right now...are there any current plans to include this one too?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 02:21:52 pm »
no

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 03:49:59 pm »
I have followed all the steps mentioned to fix .mkv files, but it has not helped, when I play a .mkv file it is just stuttering, the Nvidia drivers and Libxine2 fixed the 100% CPU but the video is still terrible, is there anything else that I can try?

NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.36.run - Done
libxine2 - Done
pluto-xine-player - was already a later version
VDPAU - Done
MD = Zotac ION ATOM 330

The later version of pluto-xine-player means you are using the pluto-xine-player from the lmce repository which will use the old libxine.  There have been lots of updates recently that would overwrite the .deb I provided, which is also getting outdated now.  I will look at building a more recent version soon.  Until then you can install the .deb in the first post using dpkg and see if that helps.

J.

LmceCape

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 06:43:01 pm »
Hi Guys

I have left the .mkv for now, trying to get normal functionality before moving to the more serious stuff.

I was hosting a party this weekend and found out the hard way that the LMCE basics are not working.

1. Tried to play some old music videos (avi) across the house and found that when you try and use the floor plan on those files, they only play properly on the MD where you start it from, on the other MDs' it staggers. Those where some really old AVIs', but never the less would play fine on any ONE MD but badly accross multiple MDs'

2. I added a playlist with the newer AVIs' and .mpg files and the staggering was gone but the media was completely out of sink. If you then sink them it goes out of sink when the next track/video starts (music files or video files).

3. Workaround for the party was to start the playlists from the core and go to the FloorPlan and add the MDs'. Then the MDs' are in sink but the Core/Hybrid is about 3-5 sec behind. This is fine because my core is in the garage, but what if it where a hybrid?

4. What would I do if my Core was actually a just Core with no sound card or MD runnuing?, then I would not be able to start the media on the core so as to sink the MDs'

5. I was always under the impression that when you go to the FloorPlan it was always streamed from the Core, it seems that I was wrong.

6. Today I booted my old core to test and it behaves exactly the same.

Is anyone else aware of this?
Is this how it has always been?

LMCEcape  ???

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011, 07:21:10 pm »
LMCEape,

could you please open a new thread on this, and maybe add a ticket detailing what's happening.

Thanks.

LmceCape

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 07:15:36 am »
will do

bugui

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2011, 06:13:53 am »
phenigma,
I'm running 0810 and libxine2 but I found problems when I trying to play a .dvd file, and pluto-xine-player crash...
Did you test it with DVDs over 0810?

Thanks in advance,
HernĂ¡n

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 12:29:45 am »
.dvd files work great for me in 0810.  Mine are all NTSC with AC3 audio.

Could you post your Xine_Player log (to pastebin or somewhere) when you try to play a .dvd file.  NTSC or PAL dvd? 

J.

bugui

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2011, 06:23:16 am »
Hi,
I have PAL DVDs.
It's happens when you the movie starts, for instance... I can see the trailers ok, and after the menu area, the players stops.

Hernan

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 09:32:53 am »
You need to upgrade your plugins. There were some changes to the media player over the last few weeks, and the resulting plugins had to be rebuilt.

-Thom

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 10:57:07 pm »
Just a follow up on my earlier post.... My MD was studdering on HD mkv after a few minutes (sometimes seconds) of playback.   I noticed that when playback began to studder xine cpu usage would jump to nearly 100%.  I thought there was something wrong with xine-lib (vdpau), but other mds worded find (and use the same exact pci-x card).

After cleaning out the case a little and replacing one of the case fans (I guess it gave it a little better circulation); everything works fine. Turns out the card was overheating (at least that the only thing I can come up with). Just a FYI...  this xine-lib update really fixed all the mkv issues I've had.

bugui

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2011, 09:15:56 am »
Hey guys,
Libxine2 works great, with the following configuration:
libxine2 and pluto-xine-player 2.0.0.44.11071324189 and lastes nvidia drivers.

Just one issue that I found was try to play a .mkv file that has video, audio, and subs tracks.
It just playback the file and you get a grey screen, the subs and audio, (you can't see the video because you will see a grey screen).
It's seams like it is related with vdpau and "pluto-xine-player 2.0.0.44.11071324189".
One thing that I tried was change the vdpau acceleration to xv, and you can see the video but it's not an intelligent solution for my Zotac HD-ID11, because the 1080p videos are unwachable.

Could someone provide to me a new version of pluto-xine-player to be used with libxine2 ?
I think that the newers version of pluto-xine could fix this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Sorry by my english,
Regards,
Hernan

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2011, 04:41:21 pm »
At some point I will build a new one but I don't have the time right now.

J.

bugui

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2011, 07:01:20 am »
Thanks phenigma, that will be great.

Thanks
Bugui

bugui

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2011, 05:51:13 am »
phenigma, Could you build a new update of this?
Thanks
Hernan