Author Topic: Media naming????  (Read 3251 times)

ericf1983

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Media naming????
« on: March 04, 2011, 05:35:59 am »
Hey everyone. I have finally successfully installed and configured MCE!!
Anyway, when I try to rip a dvd, it will say that is is ripped successfully and it is but everything I rip shows up as Napoleon Dynamite. Any suggestions? is there something I am doing wrong? When I open the video it says "meetthecolors.dvd" or whatever the dvd is but the name in the media explorer and the thumbnail are Napoleon Dynamite. No, I don't have Napoleon Dynamite ripped to the core.

Also, having some issues with pxe booting the media director, it boots but hangs at a console type screen.

Sorry for the lack of information or clarity, new linux user. I'll post any other info thats needed.

Thanks!!

Eric

JoakimL

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Media naming????
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 08:24:23 pm »
Concerning the MD: Does it have a built in WLAN? If so, disable it in the BIOS.

/Joakim

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 09:53:09 pm »
If you havn't, you'll need to run /usr/pluto/bin/Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh before MDs will be able to boot.

J.

ericf1983

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:07:31 pm »
JoakimL, the wireless card is deactivated by the switch on the outside of the computer so it should be booting off the wired connection.
Phenigma: I'm pretty sure I configured the MDs to be able to boot diskless but I'll try again. I'll give your suggestion a shot.

Is there any way of exiting to the main screen once the media director has been started on the core? The one with the control panel where I can start/stop the core and that stuff?

thanks

JoakimL

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:17:03 pm »
You'll find stop and other commands under the Advanced menu and then the Advanced menu item.

/Joakim

ericf1983

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 04:29:54 am »
Thanks,
I already have kubuntu and MCE installed on the machine that I would like to use as an MD, is there a way to use that existing install instead of using a diskless MD? just seems like that might be easier...
BTW some of the dvds i try to rip wont, where are the logs that it tells me to check?

Thanks, sorry for all the trivial questions!!

Eric

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 03:22:49 pm »
Only diskless MDs are supported and working.  You can always leave the existing installation in place so you can use the machine as you wish and then netboot as an MD.

All logs are in /var/log/pluto/

J.