Author Topic: Video Pipe question  (Read 7774 times)

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Video Pipe question
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 04:43:14 pm »
most of this behavior is hard coded in the media plugin. it will help you a ton to dig around in the source code. yes you may have to learn a thing or two (i knew nothing about c++ when i started on this).

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 06:26:28 pm »
I went through the log as suggested, and can see that it is indeed the media plugin that is sending the commands to the AV devices, and to the lights.  Assuming I find the source for the media plugin, if I were to change it, would it get overridden next time there is an update or anything?  Chances are I'd only be able to remove some of the functionality from it, rather than adding more parameters etc. as I've not done C++ coding since my college days.  So there's very little chance I'd be improving it for all, just butchering it for my own use.  I don't really want to do this so I'll keep trying to find a way around it.  It does seem a bit rude though that the system is controlling my lights without asking, or providing any options.  Am I the only person to ever find this undesirable??
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 04:45:50 pm »
as i said earlier i think it could be a little more intelligent and it is on my rather long list of things to work on. but that list is long and contains quite a few more important things on it...
we would be happy to help you polish your ideas and get something into the code that everyone can use. come join us on irc sometime to chat about it.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 06:57:17 pm »
You need to go into advanced > events, and edit the Watching Media event for your entertainment area.

This is generated if it does not exist, by UpdateEntArea, which is the source for all the automatic logic. Look in src/UpdateEntArea, and the appropriate subsection if you want to see the logic used.

-Thom

@ Coley,

I think it must be the events that I need to get at.  I'll check the logs that phenigma pointed me to when I get home and check it to be sure.  Its not the actual scenarios that I want to edit, but the events that are triggered when the scenario is started or stopped.  So for example I know that the "showtime" scenario for the lights is triggered when I press "TV".  I can edit the "showtime" scenario no problem, but where in the "TV" scenario is the link telling showtime to execute?  Also when I stop the TV scenario, another event is fired which is like the reverse of showtime, and puts the lights on again.  This I can't find.  I'll go through the logs tonight and hopefully that will shed some light on whats happening.

I'm sure its just down to me not looking in the right place.  I'll take a good look again at the Events too, I went all through this setting up my Z-wave devices, so I got the hang of that part of it previously.

Thanks for the pointers guys.

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 07:46:17 pm »
Referring to bongowongo's latest newsflash http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=11773.0 is this a bug that needs to be identified?

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps