Author Topic: MythTV location info / Dusky controller  (Read 2328 times)

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
MythTV location info / Dusky controller
« on: February 21, 2011, 01:02:24 pm »
I've been struggling to get MythTV working since the beginning of my LinuxMCE install, but decided to give it a real go over the next few days.  I have a question regarding the information that MythTV uses about my location.

I'm currently in Northern Poland, so I setup my location in LinuxMCE to the nearest big town as normal when installing, however I've got a sky HD box receiving UK channels.  MythTV tells me that there is no information regarding schedules for my location because I assume its trying to get Polish schedules.  Is it possible to set the MythTV location seperately to the LinuxMCE location??

Another question...
When I plugged my sky box into the Hauppauge HD PVR, a seperate scenario button was created on my media menu (Live TV Sky+).  As I have never setup MythTV from the start it must be bypassing it, and streaming the picture straight from the box when I press this button.  If I want to integrate it all into Myth so that I can record shows etc, do I have to remove this scenario, or will a correct setup of Myth make this work anyway? (Does that make sense?) ???

TIA

Matt.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:19:46 am by gtsupport »
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV location info
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 11:19:14 am »
Hmm, so leaving Myth for a while.... is it possible to get the Dusky Sky controller working independantly of MythTV?  As I mentioned before my Myth setup isn't working properly, but I can stream the live TV from the sky box through the HD PVR.  Trouble is I have to pop into the other room to change the channels. (USB UIRT on order still)  I have the Dusky controller plugged in, but its never been setup.  Can I use this by setting it in the Sky+ template somehow?

Thanks.

Matt.
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!