Author Topic: Infinite loop reboot  (Read 9469 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Infinite loop reboot
« on: January 13, 2007, 08:25:32 pm »
I was configuring Asterisk and wasn't getting any audio between phones so I rebooted the system through the Pluto web interface. It gets as far as "Updating System" and then the blue-green progress bar starts over at the left but it doesn't show any text in the progress bar. When the progress bar gets all the way to the right, it reboots again.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite loop reboot
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 11:36:49 am »
Quote from: "jeffwillden"
I was configuring Asterisk and wasn't getting any audio between phones so I rebooted the system through the Pluto web interface. It gets as far as "Updating System" and then the blue-green progress bar starts over at the left but it doesn't show any text in the progress bar. When the progress bar gets all the way to the right, it reboots again.

Try hitting 'esc' once you get to 'Updating System'. You should then get a Console screen and should be able to monitor the boot up in detail and see what  is happening to cause a reboot.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Infinite loop reboot
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 11:38:19 am »
Hi jeffwillden

I've stumbled more or less in the same issue. I also got the progress bar slowly moving then I understood that something was wrong.

I was able to ssh to my hybrid and then perform an apt-get upgrade, just to see that only a subset of packages where going to be upgraded while the rest  being kept back.

Nevertheless this made me get through and made possible to have my hybrid back and running.

To what I've seen there is a bug in the apt-get indexes (also in this post Bandito is saying the same thing -> http://plutohome.com/support/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1146) and I think that's basically why automatic upgrade failed and is forcing me to do it by hand and piece by piece ...

Currently I'm playing with apt-get trying to to get all packages updated, and if you are not willing to go for a fresh install I think you have no chances left.

HTH
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Infinite loop reboot
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 01:03:07 pm »
Quote from: "MarcoZan"
Hi jeffwillden

I've stumbled more or less in the same issue. I also got the progress bar slowly moving then I understood that something was wrong.

I was able to ssh to my hybrid and then perform an apt-get upgrade, just to see that only a subset of packages where going to be upgraded while the rest  being kept back.

Nevertheless this made me get through and made possible to have my hybrid back and running.

To what I've seen there is a bug in the apt-get indexes (also in this post Bandito is saying the same thing -> http://plutohome.com/support/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1146) and I think that's basically why automatic upgrade failed and is forcing me to do it by hand and piece by piece ...

Currently I'm playing with apt-get trying to to get all packages updated, and if you are not willing to go for a fresh install I think you have no chances left.

HTH
Marco

Looks like your right. I know the Pluto guys were fixing some bugs during last week that related to upgrading from earlier releases to .43. Clearly no all the rinkles were ironed out before Fridays .43 release ;-)

There are still a number of bugs in media playback/management and in areas like setting mp3 as the ripping format from Web Admin (the core ignores the settings in Web Admin and always uses ogg). I think I have reported most of these in Mantis (some before release) but as everyone at Pluto was completely wrapped up in getting ready for CES some did not get into the release.

Andrew