I've turned the input back over to HDMI and it seems to be working. If it does it again I'll leave it as is and let you know
Yes let us know if it does that again please. Thanks.
I've setup mythtv on the NC in terminal but I dont have any cards in the NC they are in the MM and I dont have mythtv-setup on it, is it possible to manually add it.
If your DVB cards are in your MM then you need to have a backend running there to manage them. Install Mythtv on your MM and configure your tuner/capture cards as normal.
Also is http://192.168.80.1/dianemo-admin/upnpfind.php the correct address for setting up XBMC upnp because it tells me that page doesn't exist.
The above is incorrect. Use the simple steps below to add UPnP devices;
Some basic instructions on Adding a new UPnP device manually from Web Admin
1. Create a Child device of the 'Core' and use device template #1980 - give it an identifiable name eg 'XBMC-kitchen' or 'Sonos-loung'
2. Using the GUPnP Universal Control point tools (install them with 'sudo apt-get install gupnp-tools' ) to find the 'UUID' of the UPnP device you want to add a DCEdevice for. Click the UPnP device entry in the Apps left hand pane and then right-click on its UDN entry in the right-hand pane and use the 'Copy to' option.
3. Now scroll to the bottom of your new UPnP device in Web Admin and paste the UUID into the 'uuid' field in the device template and hit save to save the changes.
4. Make sure the device is set to 'Manually configure'
5. Select a free room & entertainment area and select these for your new device (currently there must be no other media device in this room or EA)
6. Now save the changes again.
7. Now do a Full-Regen of your Orbiters & MM's
8. Next do a reload router.
Note; After creating the UPnP device you may find that the device does not function. This is often due to the device having an entry in 'Pluto_spawned_local_devices.txt' locks file. All you need to do is find the Device ID of the UPnP device you just added in this locks file, remove its entry and save the file. Now back in Web admim do a Reload and your device should now startup correctly and function.
For XBMC make sure you turn on the 'Allow control of XBMC over UPnP' option in 'XBMC Settings - Network'. Now set your Orbiters 'Room' to the room that you placed your new UPnP device in and then choose some audio or video media from the Media Browser and 'Play' it as you would with a normal Media Manager. For .dvd files there is a short delay while the iso's internal file structure is examined and a video stream is created and sent to your device. Currently there are some bugs in .iso playback when using XBMC but '.dvd's' are fine - as are avi's, m2ts's & mkv's and mp3's.
We hope to have an improved process for adding UPnP devices in the near future, where the NC will look for new devices on the LAN and provide a simple semi automatic process for adding them.
when I boot up the NC and MM the progress window tells me some devices failed to start up, I dont know if that is relevant to anything but I thought I would mention it just in case.
This is a benign bug in some of the UPnP code...its not causing any harm and will be fixed shortly.
No problem at all. If you have any problems setting up your UPnP devices etc let us know.
All the best