Author Topic: SiriusXM  (Read 20767 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: SiriusXM
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2011, 11:48:01 pm »
Make sure you have the includes for pluto_media in your plugin.

-Thom

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2011, 11:57:03 pm »
That worked!

I have gotten so used to Java ide's where you ask it to fix imports :)  It's become a whole different mindset and not necessarily for the better.

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2011, 12:12:01 am »
Baby Steps.

:). Of course- not trying to push- just don't know the limitations.  I am curious if it would be like mythtv where the stream appears to only be able to go to one MD or if it is like an audio stream that can be sent to multiple devices.  If each MD required a separate stream, would you need multiple streaming accounts?  Font think two can be streaming under the same user/password.

Also, have you considered how you are going to handle the 90 minute (iirc) timeout period after which time you have to tell Sirius you are still listening.  Is there a way to know the time is up and automatically sent a "still here" signal, or is a user interface required to have the user physically press yes?  I will read the legal to see if I can see somewhere that automatically answering the question is against their terms of use.

Again- not trying to push- these are part of the list of questions I wrote myself in the hopes of getting to if I was able to even get as far as you.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2011, 12:52:04 am »
The grid is working with images! I may change the images at a later date because it looks like the dce added a background color.

the 90 minute timeout is strictly a function of the sirius web app. I can play all day in pyxis or the windows app i use at work.

As far as streams go, Thom could better answer that.

The next part will be to use curl to do the login and handshaking needed to get the url of the stream. I assume I would pass this to the start media function.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2011, 01:29:33 am »
Are you pulling down JPEGs or PNGs for images?

-Thom

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 03:28:54 am »
Are you pulling down JPEGs or PNGs for images?

-Thom

Row_Picture *p_MyPic = m_pMedia_Plugin->m_pMediaAttributes->m_pMediaAttributes_LowLevel->AddPicture("/home/mediapics/" + StringUtils::itos(stations[count].id) + ".png");

I then populate with the ID that gets returned.

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2011, 07:49:07 am »
OK- I'm not a lawyer, but to insure that LMCE stays within Sirius' terms and conditions per their terms of use:  http://www.siriusxm.com/customeragreement, I think there are a couple items to keep in mind.  Please keep in mind (AFAIK), Sirius is only available to customers in the US and Canada.

1) Per C.3, "You may only listen to to the Internet Radio Service on one single Internet enabled device at one time."   As that all MDs can access the internet, it would appear that each MD would require a separate username/password.  That said, I have several Squeezeboxes, and when you sync them, they are obviously Internet enabled devices and accessing the same stream at the same time.  I would guess that Logitech would follow their own Terms and Conditions and would not allow something natively that violates their Terms and Conditions.  Arguably, then, in practice, sharing a stream across multiple MDs would be, essentially, identical to Squeezeboxes share a stream across across multiple Squeezeboxes.  I would argue that if sharing the stream across MDs violates the T&C, then sharing across Squeezeboxes does the same.

2) C.4 talks about personal use only.  During install, I don't see that any disclaimers warn the user against using the software for commercial purposes, but maybe that is inherent in the PPL or GPL licenses (again, not sure the legal behind LMCE).  Just like a user could commercially play a DVD in a commercial setting, a user could play the Sirius stream in a commercial setting.   I think it is up to the user to insure they follow the laws of their respective countries.  I just wonder if LMCE somewhere should somewhere very visible declare the user responsible for the actions taken by the installer- and maybe it already does.  I wonder if items like these are added to the software list during the initial setup or in the admin, that the popup (or other means of informing the user) shouldn't mention the user's responsibility to follow their local laws.

3) C.5 is very interesting....  "You may not... construct a media player or interface that accesses the Internet Radio Service.  In addition, your use of any products or services that access the Internet Radio Service an which are provided by third parties not authorized by us constitutes a violation of this Agreement, even if you did not create such product or services and/or do not understand how they were created."  I don't see that there is a list of "authorized" third party programs that are allowed to access the streams. I don't understand how Pyxis grabs the stream or how the LMCE integration will grab the stream....  I don't understand enough about how this will work and what is acceptable to make an argument one way other other.

This post is meant purely as a opinion and my way of contributing to the project.  I am not a lawyer and could be totally off-base with my opinions of the legal documents.  I sincerely hope that in no way this stifles Sirius integration into LMCE.  I will continue my pursuit of the legal aspects of integrating Sirius into LMCE and post here as information becomes available.