Author Topic: UpdateMedia  (Read 5375 times)

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
UpdateMedia
« on: February 12, 2011, 02:31:11 am »
I came across a wee bug in UpdateMedia - it was segfaulting on .ogg files with no comments.
I've logged a trac ticket - #985 http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/985
I've tried submitting a patch but trac thinks I'm spam - I've attached the patch here instead.
Can someone with svn access apply the change please.

thx
-Coley.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: UpdateMedia
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 10:02:37 am »
this is completely unrelated but im trying to add a small change to updateMedia but I cant seem to get it to compile. Are you testing in a 'builder' environment? I would love to know :)

-golgoj4
p.s. fixed the bug you mentioned to me before. thanks!
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 07:15:27 pm »
That was compiled outside the builder environment using latest svn.
What errors are you getting?
maybe start another topic and list the errors - or if you want to send me a patch of your changes maybe I can see if it compiles here.

-Coley.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 04:48:46 pm »
@golgoj4 - I grabbed your change from your website and re-built UpdateMedia after a small correction to the change. I don't have the called binary so didn't test, but built ok. Where is your build failing?

-Coley.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 05:56:04 pm »
@golgoj4 - I grabbed your change from your website and re-built UpdateMedia after a small correction to the change. I don't have the called binary so didn't test, but built ok. Where is your build failing?

-Coley.

Hey Coley,

My build is failing because for some reason im not finding the id3info. I actually dl'd, built and installed it but I think i have the include paths wrong or something like that because all the neccesary stuff is installed, just not being found. Im a bit new compiling from the command line as I think the ease of QT creator has spoiled me some. Anyways, thats the main issue im running into at the moment when trying to compile UpdateMedia on my end.

Also, I posted the linuxmceTag binary here: http://langstonball.com/attachments/linuxmceTag.zip It the most up -to date version and lives in /usr/pluto/bin.

I appreciate you taking the time to take a look and see whats going on with my issue. Thanks again.
-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 12:03:08 pm »
My build is failing because for some reason im not finding the id3info. I actually dl'd, built and installed it but I think i have the include paths wrong or something like that because all the neccesary stuff is installed, just not being found. Im a bit new compiling from the command line as I think the ease of QT creator has spoiled me some. Anyways, thats the main issue im running into at the moment when trying to compile UpdateMedia on my end.

can you do a "make clean" in your UpdateMedia dir and then do "make > make.log 2>&1" then either pastebin the log file or attach it here and I can check what's causing errors.
-Coley.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 02:07:21 pm »
golgoj4,

make sure your builder has the following packages installed (for 810):
Code: [Select]
root@fluffybitch:/usr/local/lmce-build# dpkg -l|grep libid3
ii  libid3-3.8.3-dev                           3.8.3-7.2                                  ID3 Tag Library: Development Libraries and H
ii  libid3-3.8.3c2a                            3.8.3-7.2                                  Library for manipulating ID3v1 and ID3v2 tag
ii  libid3tag0                                 0.15.1b-10                                 ID3 tag reading library from the MAD project
ii  libid3tag0-dev                             0.15.1b-10                                 ID3 tag reading library from the MAD project