Author Topic: Dallas /maxime 1-wire support  (Read 12565 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Dallas /maxime 1-wire support
« on: October 12, 2005, 02:39:18 am »
Hi , i'm new to the Pluto system but i have used mrhouse and homeseer for my X-10 /1-wire based home automation.
Both of those systems suport the dallas/maxim 1-wire sensors/switches
is there any plans for this kind of devices in Pluto ??  
I am also wondering if there is support for DCI smartlab 8255/8253 I/O card ( 48 lines I/O ports for controlling relays and so )

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 10:34:17 am »
Hi,

one possib ility is to connect Pluto and Misterhouse (if you have already built in support for your HW) and use things you already have in MH...

I'm also thinking to get into it, but yet didn't have enough time to do this. Misterhouse could be connected to Pluto as message interceptor, tha can receive events and send commands to Pluto... It would just need some Perl coding on MH side....

Maybe we can join efforts on this....

Anyone else looking for Misterhouse integration ?

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 02:32:36 pm »
Hi Rob

I'm also interested in Pluto <-> Misterhouse interaction. In particular I'm interested in speech announcement that in MH are working fine (my kids are still asking me for "the man speaking from inside the computer" ... :)), while in Pluto are still in developement.
There also many other nice features that would be really useless to implement in Pluto if only the two systems were able to talk each other.

I'm not exactly a programmer (I used to be several years ago, now my job has changed) and I don't know perl, nevertheless learning has never been a problem and I would be glad to be of any help.

Regards
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 09:45:11 am »
We already have a 1 wire interface.  add the device template link i45.  We also have devices for the temperature sensor, light sensor, i-Button, potentiometer (for controlling lights), etc.  Since the base gsd is done, adding more devices is trivial.  And it's stable--been in Pluto for like 6 months already.  Just add the interface on wizard/devices/interfaces.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 01:50:19 pm »
Quote from: "aaron.b"
We already have a 1 wire interface.  add the device template link i45.  We also have devices for the temperature sensor, light sensor, i-Button, potentiometer (for controlling lights), etc.  Since the base gsd is done, adding more devices is trivial.  And it's stable--been in Pluto for like 6 months already.  Just add the interface on wizard/devices/interfaces.

Hi Aaron,

I'm looking at Ruby code for this device and it seems like this function is adding new devices into system :

Code: [Select]
# This will look for new devices
def SearchForDevices()
devices = ScanBus()
if(devices == nil) then
print "Failed scanning...\n"
return
end
print "Got A list of ", devices.size(), " devices\n";
print "Have A list of ", @g_mapDevices.size(), " devices\n";

devices.each {
|key, value|

if(@g_mapDevices[key]==nil) then
print "Got new device. Sending Message.\n"
cmd = Command.new(device_.devid_, -1001, 1, 2, 44);
cmd.params_[7] = key;
SendCommand(cmd);
@g_mapDevices[key] = true;
end

}

@g_mapDevices.each {
|key, value|

if(devices[key]==nil) then
print "Device removed. Sending Message.\n"
cmd = Command.new(device_.devid_, -1001, 1, 2, 45);
cmd.params_[7] = key;
SendCommand(cmd);
@g_mapDevices[key] = nil;
end

}

@g_mapDevices = devices;

end

Since I have same situation (my rs232 gateway reports on connected devices) I'd kindly aks if you can explain briefly (they said you're the author of this code) whether this code really adds new Pluto devices and how it works...

Thanks,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 10:39:01 am »
I'm not the author, Igor is, and now Dan T is.  The purpose was not to auto-detect new 1wire devices (although it could be used to do that), but rather to detect the presence of iButton's.  When you touch an iButton to a bus it shows up as a new device, and Pluto fires a 'presence detected' event so you can use iButton's for follow-me, security access, etc.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 10:46:50 am »
Quote from: "aaron.b"
I'm not the author, Igor is, and now Dan T is.  The purpose was not to auto-detect new 1wire devices (although it could be used to do that), but rather to detect the presence of iButton's.  When you touch an iButton to a bus it shows up as a new device, and Pluto fires a 'presence detected' event so you can use iButton's for follow-me, security access, etc.

Hi,

thanks for info. I'd just kindly ask if you can give more info on adding new pluto devices through GSD - Ruby code. that would give me plug'n'play functionality on my home automation system....

Is this code adding new device ? Is this equal as adding device through web interface ?

Code: [Select]
cmd = Command.new(device_.devid_, -1001, 1, 2, 44);
cmd.params_[7] = key;
SendCommand(cmd);

DanT pointed me to you, cause he didn't know for sure answer on my questions...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Which iButton should I use?
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 12:42:03 am »
Hi,

I realize this is an older thread, but I wanted to revive it to ask for more information regarding what type of iButton to use with Plutohome. I notice that there are many different types available.

Thanks,

Mike