Author Topic: Anyone tried ML1154 Jensen internet radio?  (Read 2554 times)

Sigg3.net

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Anyone tried ML1154 Jensen internet radio?
« on: February 15, 2011, 12:32:58 pm »
I've been looking for some audio player that can handle both regular FM & DAB radio, as well as play the music I am playing on the LinuxMCE, and was wondering if anyone have tried the Jensen iRadio Extreme Media:Link 1154? It will replace my current Tivoli kitchen radio and should be simple, and don't have to sound like a diamond Bang & Olufsen hi-fi stereo. (Used mostly for BBC news and parties, but FM is a must.)

Here's the product sheet (PDF): http://www.jensenscandinavia.com/products/pdf/Jensen_MediaLink_1154_EN.pdf

It only says "UPnP" on the internet part. Here's a translation from one of the reviews:
In addition to the internet radio part of it (probably preloaded net stations), the radio can also play music from a computer connected to the same wireless network. It can either play music from shared network resources or music that is served by a UPnP server. All this works nice when it is setup correctly, but it may take some networking knowledge. It supports  only MP3, WMA and AAC....
It gets positive views for its battery usage, featuring DAB+ and being able to play many sources, but the remote is worthless, the sound is only average and the LCD is crap.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Anyone tried ML1154 Jensen internet radio?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:04:54 pm »
It will be able to play audio files from LinuxMCE, but you won't be able to control it from an Orbiter, it seems.