Author Topic: USB-UIRT Sends Repeat Commands  (Read 2946 times)

seagullarity

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
USB-UIRT Sends Repeat Commands
« on: February 12, 2011, 02:36:38 am »
With my USB-UIRT, when I press a button on my remote control the USB-UIRT appears very sensitive to the infrared pulses and it repeats each command between one to three times, depending on how gently I can manage to press the button. If I give the button a nice fat smoosh, it definitely ends up sending the command around three times.

Is there a way to add a delay between a series of IR commands sent directly to the MD (such as arrow key commands)? I know that this feature exists for other AV Devices (DVD Player, Television, Roku Box, etc), but what about commands sent *directly to the MD*?

I have looked at the device template for the USB-UIRT, as well as the Advanced menu in the web admin, and I see no way to configure this setting. I've also looked on the USB-UIRT forums and it appears that there is no way to directly configure the USB-UIRT to add a delay between commands. In every case, it is the software utilizing the USB-UIRT that is responsible for managing the number of command repeats (in this case the software is LinuxMCE). I have also followed the logs for my USB-UIRT while sending commands, and even though the log reports only one reception of the IR code, or sometimes zero receptions, the code is repeated rapidly to the MD.

Any ideas? I suppose if I need to add a feature myself, then so be it.

seagullarity

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: USB-UIRT Sends Repeat Commands
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 08:16:07 pm »
I fixed the problem by switching to a different remote control. It was explained to me in the IRC channel that the problem was caused by my remote control pulsing IR commands so slowly that the USB-UIRT received each pulse as a separate command. A better quality remote control will pulse the codes faster, and each pulse won't register as a separate command, but rather as one long strung-together command.