Author Topic: Edit Web Bookmarks in computing sub menu  (Read 2044 times)

tux-box1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Edit Web Bookmarks in computing sub menu
« on: February 11, 2011, 01:27:53 am »
Hey I looked all over but didn't find what I was looking for, admittedly I'm not that great of a researcher so i apologize if this has already been addressed.

I want to add book marks to the computing sub-menu you know where "Web Admin", "YouTube", "Google Video", "CNN", "Weather", "Traffic" is. I want to add some of my own entries their.

Also while I'm asking about that, how does some one get VLC in the media menu, I did install it through the Admin web site like LinuxMCE Hulu player, but theirs no entry for it like LinuxMce Hulu player.

Thank for your time and patience.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Edit Web Bookmarks in computing sub menu
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 04:57:42 am »
1. To create a bookmark, is currently slightly awkward.. after creating the bookmark in the browser, you must exit the browser via the File menu. The Browser will exit properly and write out its bookmark file. We need to replace the browser entirely, with a more integrated solution, and it will come in time.

2. The VideoLan client and server devices were created at Pluto to solve a specific set of problems...I am unaware of their completeness at this point, but if you wish to use them, you need to remove your Xine Player from your device tree, as it has a higher priority than the VideoLan client. As this is unsupported, I do not know how well it will work.. If things break, merely re-add the Xine Player device back to your media director's on-screen orbiter. This is because the VLC device registers itself to the Stored Audio/Video media types, and is used in this capacity, there is no explicit media handler for them, and there will never be, as this is very counter-intuitive....The media plugin will always pick the media player that it deems appropriate for a given stream, usually determined by file type, and the value of the Priority device data.

-Thom