Author Topic: Alternative Cable For Home Network  (Read 2734 times)

newsug

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Alternative Cable For Home Network
« on: February 09, 2011, 02:40:00 am »
I've been using these MoCA adapters for a few months to stream video, they work great and saves on the holes around the house.

newsug

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Cable For Home Network
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:25:21 pm »
Sorry...I forgot to give the link describing what it is
wwwDOTmocallianceDOTorg

I hope that will someone out there

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:05:53 am »
nice find are you playing hd video on this, meaning 1080p?

Richard

newsug

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 06:41:47 pm »
Yes streaming 1080p to 2 xbox360's hardwired 2 wii's wireless which can only display 480p at best and 1 WDHD Live wired.  I have my access point in our bedroom with the WD box wired to the router with Cate5 a second Cate5 ran from the router to a xbox360 downstairs.  Then I have the MoCA adapter connected to coax in and coax out to the tv in the bedroom and the Cate5 to the router.  I used to have a wireless bridge to the livingroom I now have a MoCA adapter in the livingroom connecting the bridge to the router.  I have the MoCA adapter wired to the bridge with Cate5 along with my Dell Studio XPS i7 core 2.8GHz which is my workstation and media server, I'm using TVersity.  I also have an xbox360 and Onkyo receiver connected to the bridge and the 2 wii's upstairs connected wirelessly.  At the time we haven't, in my opinion, put a large amount of traffic that LinuxMCE will put on it.  The plan is to implement LinuxMCE slowly media first then outlets for lamps so on and so forth.  By the time the kids move out I'll have the house running the way I want.   :)  I found out about these from Boxee when I was researching the Boxee Box.