Author Topic: Video not playing on MD  (Read 6386 times)

crisis90

• View Profile
Video not playing on MD
« on: February 09, 2011, 11:43:37 pm »
Rececently got the Foxconn nt 330i working. but when i want to play media from the core it immediately skips back to flickr...
Do any of you have any idea what could be wrong?

regards,

Chris

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Video not playing on MD
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 12:31:42 am »
Any media, or specific media? Presumably libdvdcss2 is installed?
I never quit... I just ping out.

crisis90

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 03:15:53 pm »
User setup:

I based my user setup on having a dedicated core in a PC room + a mediadirector hooked to a HMDi tv in the living area

Foxconn.......... Motherboard + 1000 Mb LAN internal NIC 
P4 2.8 Ghz 
756 Mb DRam
1x ..... NIC

Foxconn NetBox-nT330i

Tecnical Data:
Intel Atom 330 Prozessor 2x 1,6 GHz
NVIDIA 9400GT onBoard
Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11 b/g
6x USB 2.0
1x Gigabit-LAN
1x HDMI
1x DVI
Cardreader SD / SDHC / MS / MS Pro / MMC

Samsung HDMI tv

I can click on both video/music but whenever i do so (no matter what orbitor I use, it immediately skips back to the screensaver)

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 10:37:38 pm »
Hey Crisis90
Glad to see you nearly have this Foxconn running mine is still sitting on the floor until 1004 goes beta, limited success with this as a MD, after all the stuffing around to get the NIC to be recognised mine would playback everything but it would freeze the image or sound whilst playing back intermittently.

Currently I have an old snapshot saved as an image and I use that, I have given up trying to get new snapshots as it's frustrating to spend all that time only to find out something else has been screwed, I personally love the ability and flexibility of LMCE I just get frustrated of doing updates or new installs only to find out more things are broken. I have just spent 3 days trying to get an Axis IP camera working following the wiki's and discussing on the IRC and now it is sitting on the floor as well....as per everybodys reconmendations now swapping over to Panasonic Cameras.

I hope you can get the Foxconn box working as it is perfect for going on the back of my plasma's, I just had so much trouble getting the NIC to be recognised even after following the wikis and IRC help it was just a complete pain, I hope this NIC will be included in 1004

Cheers
Beeker

crisis90

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 06:14:51 pm »
Hey Beeker,

The unit has been driving us crazy as well. I am currently using snapshot 23698, after toying around for a bit everything seemed to be working fine however when I select some audio to play it will appear on the screen for about 1 second and then goes back into screensaver mode. The same applies to video only nothing appears but a black screen for approx. 1 sec and will then go back into screensaver mode. I'm really stuck so I think that waiting for 1004 is probably the best option.

Hope everything will work out fine for the both of us (as I'm sure it will in time).

Regards,

Chris

daballiemo

• Guru
  • Full Blown Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 08:44:19 pm »
Hey Chris,

check the xine/mplayer log in /var/log/pluto.

I had the same (media only playing for a brief second) when the rights of the files on my samba share did not allow lmce to play the files. You will see that in the log....
This is for music and dvd's and so on. The playback of m2ts/mkv etc i haven't tackled yet.

If the system freezes in Mythtv (that is where I had the problems) just add pci=nomsi to the kernel boot line.

rgds

Han
HP N40L12.04 KVM with virt LCME8.10/10.04
MD: FoxConn NetBox 330I - Samsung LE 26 (1360* 768)
MD: M2NPV-VM dual core AMD 64/3800/2Gb/NV6150 - Samsung UE 55 C8700 (full hd, 3d)
MD: FoxConn NetBox 330I - LG 32ld350

crisis90

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 10:38:16 pm »
There are no logfiles for xine/mplayer present..

Not on the core or on the MD.

How can i access samba webinterface? defaultport 901 is not working...

My storage device is ntfs is that maybe the problem?

Regards,

Chris

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:58:54 pm by crisis90 »

pigdog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 10:41:23 pm »

crisis90

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 10:50:23 pm »
I think this is more for audio.
Since neither audio nor video is playing I don't think it's applicable  (yet). But still thanks for the input!

Regards,

Chris
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:53:02 pm by crisis90 »

pigdog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 11:22:18 pm »
Hi,

VOB files did not play - went back to flicker.

m2ts played - do you have any m2ts files - if so try them to see if they work (with Mplayer vdpau version of course!)

crisis90

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 11:34:19 pm »
I only have .mpg .avi .mkv .mp4 files.

Regards,

daballiemo

• Guru
  • Full Blown Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 04:44:46 pm »
Hey Chris,

check the xine/mplayer log in /var/log/pluto.

I had the same (media only playing for a brief second) when the rights of the files on my samba share did not allow lmce to play the files. You will see that in the log....
This is for music and dvd's and so on. The playback of m2ts/mkv etc i haven't tackled yet.

If the system freezes in Mythtv (that is where I had the problems) just add pci=nomsi to the kernel boot line.

rgds

Han

Chris,

If there are no logfiles for xine or mplayer I really question the status of your installation, I know that m2ts and mkv files generate problems as xine/mplayer do not use vdpau atm. But mpg and iso/dvd files should be happily playing.

I would try to rebuild the MD from the webinterface or delete it and build it new again.

The samba share I was talking about is located at another server which serves multimedia to lmce.

rgds

Han
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 04:47:11 pm by daballiemo »
HP N40L12.04 KVM with virt LCME8.10/10.04
MD: FoxConn NetBox 330I - Samsung LE 26 (1360* 768)
MD: M2NPV-VM dual core AMD 64/3800/2Gb/NV6150 - Samsung UE 55 C8700 (full hd, 3d)
MD: FoxConn NetBox 330I - LG 32ld350