Author Topic: WD Mybook World *Now working*  (Read 2768 times)

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
WD Mybook World *Now working*
« on: February 02, 2011, 10:28:40 pm »
Hopefully this is a simple one....

I've just plugged my WD Mybook world (NAS drive) into the switch on the internal side of the core.  It was recognised by the system and added itself as a drive, however I can't access any of the media stored on it, also when I click on it in the manage drives screen, nothing happens.

The IP address it was given is 192.168.80.132

My windows box that is also on the internal switch can map the drive no problems, and I can access it from the browser on the core.

Its full of movies, music and pictures but I can't see any of them from within the orbiter.

The device template it added itself to is #1837 but I noticed that at the bottom of the device info screen it says Registered: No

I was hoping that it would have added itself as a jukebox, or simply listed the media in the relevant places on the orbiter screen.  Any reason why it wouldn't do this?

TIA.

Matt.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:32:11 pm by gtsupport »
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
Re: WD Mybook World
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 12:47:57 am »
Hopefully this is a simple one....

I've just plugged my WD Mybook world (NAS drive) into the switch on the internal side of the core.  It was recognised by the system and added itself as a drive, however I can't access any of the media stored on it, also when I click on it in the manage drives screen, nothing happens.

The IP address it was given is 192.168.80.132

My windows box that is also on the internal switch can map the drive no problems, and I can access it from the browser on the core.

Its full of movies, music and pictures but I can't see any of them from within the orbiter.

The device template it added itself to is #1837 but I noticed that at the bottom of the device info screen it says Registered: No

I was hoping that it would have added itself as a jukebox, or simply listed the media in the relevant places on the orbiter screen.  Any reason why it wouldn't do this?

TIA.

Matt.

After your MyBook NAS was detected and you clicked to add the server...did you then get a further detection screen for each of your shares on the NAS? Sometime it can be several minutes after the server itself was detected and you accepted it that these appear by the way. If you did not see the detection screens for your shares then this would explain why you cannot see or access your media in the Orbiter's Media Browser screens.

Check the forum for anyone with a similar problem to you who is using the same snapshot you are running or look in the trac database to see if a ticket has been created for this issue (or one that sounds similar even)

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: WD Mybook World
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:31:40 pm »
I managed to get some time over the weekend to have a play in the webadmin, and managed some success with this.  I've posted this in case anybody else has similar problems where their NAS is added ok, but their media doesn't show up in the orbiter...

I found that in Webadmin you have an option under 'Files and Media' for 'Media Files Sync'
In here you can select your NAS drive and it shows whether your files have been added to the database.  Mine weren't, the little symbol next to them was of a drive, not a little check-mark (tick).  By clicking the synchronize button, MCE popped up another window and did some synchronising.  This actually took quite a long time as there were a lot of files there.  However once it was finished, I reloaded the router, regened the orbiters and the files appeared.  I had even tried copying some movies straight into the \Home\Public\data\Videos directory previously and they still hadn't appeared, but after synchronizing they appeared too.

I took the opportunity to get the coverart for my missing dvd rips too, although you'd be amazed at some of the movies that aren't there!  Mission Impossible 2 for example isn't there, and even the search couldn't find it.  Anyway, if you've come across this thread because you're stuck with your own NAS problem, I hope it helps. :)

Matt.
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: WD Mybook World *Now working*
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 06:12:15 pm »
It is worth noting, that unless you explicitly turn off your Update Media Daemon (the checkbox on the left), then everything will be automatically synchronized when the media daemon gets to it..it can take time, especially on non-LinuxMCE file structure shares.

-Thom