Author Topic: Y-Cam Camera  (Read 18246 times)

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
Re: Y-Cam Camera
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 07:08:13 pm »
OK, I made a Y-Cam template and checked it in.... I think.

I'm assuming one would need to do a sqlCVS Update before the new template is available?

Matt, following confirmation of the above, if you would be so kind as to test it and let us know how you get on. If you have tried to install the camera already, please remove it in web admin, reset the camera to factory settings, reboot your core (just to be safe).

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 07:09:57 pm »
Did you check it in using sqlcvs diff?

If so, please make sure you've checked in both the DCE and IR repositories. (The template is stored in the DCE tables, the code is stored in the IR tables)

-Thom

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 09:56:47 pm »
Hi guys,

Many thanks to Purps for trying to setup a new template for this camera.  Just a note, my MAC address for the camera is 00:0D:F0:55:CB:7B which doesn't fall within the range suggested in this thread.  This aside, I'm sure I can alter this in the template afterwards.

I am just in the middle of a firmware upgrade for the camera, which will reset everything to factory afterwards.  I'll try and add it then with the new template.  Just a quick one though, how do I get, or make sure I've already got the new template?
*Just checked and there isn't a template for it yet*

Great response from everyone else as well, thanks guys, the community spirit is flying high!  :D

Matt
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!

purps

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 10:22:59 pm »
Did you check it in using sqlcvs diff?

If so, please make sure you've checked in both the DCE and IR repositories. (The template is stored in the DCE tables, the code is stored in the IR tables)

-Thom

Yes, diff. I checked in everything DCE related, but not IR, will do it again.

purps

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 10:32:45 pm »
Hi guys,

Many thanks to Purps for trying to setup a new template for this camera.  Just a note, my MAC address for the camera is 00:0D:F0:55:CB:7B which doesn't fall within the range suggested in this thread.  This aside, I'm sure I can alter this in the template afterwards.

I am just in the middle of a firmware upgrade for the camera, which will reset everything to factory afterwards.  I'll try and add it then with the new template.  Just a quick one though, how do I get, or make sure I've already got the new template?
*Just checked and there isn't a template for it yet*

Great response from everyone else as well, thanks guys, the community spirit is flying high!  :D

Matt

I'll add another MAC range to the template.

In theory the camera should be PnP once all this is in place. Have you done a sqlcvs update?

Cheers,
Matt.

purps

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 11:59:32 pm »
Template modified and checked in (dce and ir repositories).

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 10:14:25 pm »
I've just completed the sqlcvs update, and can't find the new template.  Can you tell me the number of the template, I'll try and select it that way?

Even with everything on the camera set back to factory, it doesn't seem to work on the orbiter, still working fine in the browser.  One question, I remember reading about the IP address range that the core issues, its given my camera a 192.168.80.130 address, which as I remember is for hardware outside of the LinuxMCE system.  Am I right about this, and does it matter?

I've got further questions that might be related to this, but I'm going to start another thread, as it will get too mixed up otherwise.

Thanks all.

Matt.

purps

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 10:31:10 pm »
It may take a while to find its way in, I have no idea what the procedure is, timescales etc after it has been checked in.

Make sure the network cable is unplugged when you reset to factory settings, remove the camera in web admin, then reset the core. When core has restarted, then plug your camera back in - this is crucial. The whole point of the template is that it makes the camera PnP i.e. orbiter should pop up with a message saying that your Y-Cam has been detected. This may not be necessary, but let's play it safe (this is what has worked for me with the Panasonic for example). The only thing that should be left to do is to set the username and password in the camera's admin page (use "dceadmin" and "dcepass" for now).

Cheers,
Matt.

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 10:34:49 pm »
Righto, off to try that now...

No joy.  The sqlcvs was updated, I checked all the dce and IR boxes, it said it finished successfully.  Rebooted the core, then plugged the camera in.  Nothing on the core, or other MD to tell me that anything was detected.

One thing I just thought of regarding mac addresses, at the moment its plugged via cable to the internal network, it also has a wireless mode which will be used later once I've moved the wireless router to the internal network.  Perhaps this will have a mac address within the range discussed earlier??

it still works in the browser, so I can make use of it for now, perhaps it takes time for the new template to get into the system, and onto my core?

Thanks for the help.

Matt.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:02:37 pm by gtsupport »

purps

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 10:49:04 pm »
FYI the template is called "Y-Cam IP Camera" and is # 2163.

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 11:06:39 pm »
Ah, that template is not found so I will leave it overnight, and try a sqlcvs update tomorrow.  Hopefully it'll appear by then.

Matt

DragonK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 07:39:49 am »
Matt,

I had a problem with a different template that I couldn't get to. Here is the reply from another thread that worked for me.
Did you select all repos, or did you select all tables within dce? Make sure to not do the former, but only the latter
So only choose the tables wintin DCE to update.

Karel

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 10:31:14 am »
sqlCVS can be a bitch. When you create new templates, make sure to
* Add the manufacturer, followed by a diff commit for the IR repo
* Add the template codes, followed by a diff commit for IR repo
* Diff commit the DCE repo
* Try to get a hold of someone with sqlCVS approval priviliges to approve your batches

The ticket to success with sqlCVS is micro commit stuff, and make sure to commit the dependent records (IR repo stuff) first.

purps

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 11:00:12 am »
Karel, I just selected everything in dce and everything in ir, I didn't select everything.

Possy, when I go into sqlCVS now, it says "no changes" (unsurprisingly), does this mean it was successful?

Cheers,
Matt.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 11:29:36 am »