Author Topic: Compatibility Question HAI Omni LT  (Read 8589 times)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Compatibility Question HAI Omni LT
« on: October 19, 2009, 09:21:41 pm »
One of the guys at work has an existing home automation setup using the HAI Omni LT panel.  I searched and found a few archived posts which said OmniPro support is there using the Power5401 device template, but I am unclear as to whether or not that information is accurate.  He is looking at installing LinuxMCE to replace his existing setup and knowing his existing hardware is compatible will be a key piece of information to making sure this install is successful.  Any information that you guys have about HAI compatibility is appreciated?  I took a look on my system and the device template definitely does still exist, but I can't tell whether it is limited to just that device or if it covers a broader range of HAI devices such as the interface panel he is running.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Compatibility Question HAI Omni LT
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 04:16:21 am »
I've been talking to a few people about getting the HAI suite of products integrated (especially the HAI Omni Pro II products), but I haven't gotten anywhere. DigitalDan (an HAI programmer) was going to integrate it, but he has not been seen in months... He created this iPhone/iPod app for the HAI products:

http://www.digitaldan.com/projects/home
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 05:04:09 am by dlewis »

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 10:27:18 pm »
Are you sure they aren't already supported?  Looking at the code for the existing device template Power5020 PC5401 it looks like all the code is in place to support any of their devices.  From the research I have done so far it looks like the protocol is standard and as I mentioned archived posts seem to indicate the support is already there, just need someone to test it out.  I might just slap a core together and see if he wants to try using it with his setup if we can't get some verification on what works and what doesn't...times like these make me wish we had a compatibility list :P  One way or another though before any work is done to get a new template created, we should make sure it isn't already there.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 12:28:53 am »
I don't have an HAI system to test it. I'd suggest you just try and see if it works.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 01:07:00 am »
I will try to test this on my buddy's setup and let you know the outcome.  If all is well with it I will also add it to the wiki.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 01:09:42 am »
perfect. Keep us updated please.

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 01:24:30 pm »
Hi to all,

Im  very interested on this topic,  how was the outcome of the test with the omnipro II?  I don't have much experience with LMCE, right now Im running 810 without any problems for some months so far, some succesfull test with flash vdpau on a zotac ion and my next step is to jump to HA and security. Im not and linux expert but I want to help the the lmce proyect.

Have you ever heard about the ELK M1G smart security box, It is similar to the omnipro, also uses serial or ethernet connection but it is more for DIY people.

Cheers,

brake16

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 03:58:34 pm »
tompin2

You say you've been running 810 for some months.  Do you mean lmce810 or ubuntu/kubuntu 810?

Bryce
The Second Empirical Law of Lasers is to not look into the beam with your remaining good eye  - Anonymous

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 04:53:16 am »
Hi Bryce,

I ment LMCE 810, thanks for asking.  So far I only have a hybrid core and one MD (mag zotac ion)  Any hints on HA with OmniPro or with ELK M1G?

Cheers,

T

brake16

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 04:15:48 pm »
tompin2

HAI has been fully integrated.  Search the boards for more info.  AFAIK, nobody has done anything with the ELK. 

HAI parts are available online, but so far I have not been able to find any DIY installation support (official or unofficial).  If you already have an HAI system installed in your home, you should be set.  If you want to put it in yourself...well, let us know if and how you succeed. 

I agree with you that ELK looks like a better fit.  It has a robust DIY support/installation community, and the parts are significantly cheaper.  But I personally don't have the programming chops to pull it off.  If you've been able to get an lmce810 hybrid and MD system up and running without a single post to the boards, then there's a good chance you do.  If you're up for it, your programming choices are C++ or Ruby.  Search the boards and the wiki for more guidance, but here's a start:

Bryce
The Second Empirical Law of Lasers is to not look into the beam with your remaining good eye  - Anonymous

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 02:44:12 am »
Hi Bryce,

Thanks for the replay, I have a couple of questions, I hope you could help.
 What do you mean by fully integrated?, does this mean that you are able to take full control of the HAI omnipro (Lights, AC, security etc?) or it is only the security part?.

If this is yes, would you be able to control UPB or ZWAVE devices connected to the Omnipro?
Will the status of the devices (security sensors, Lights, etc) be updated all the time?
As far as I understood, Omnipro handles very well status report from the devices, which means that if you manually turned off a light, the system knows that you did it.
I believe there are several commercial producs like homeseer that does similar stuff as LMCE and communicate by using ethernet.

ELK M1G is excellent, I like it a lot, it has a good DIY support in coccoontech, it has some minor issues like status report that is not well kept but maybe they will fix it.  Prices are lower so it looks as a good option.
I think I'll open a post in cocoontech about the integration, maybe we all together find a good way to merge the tecnologies.  Im not a programmer but I'm willing to try.

Thanks for the links, I´ll start reading about the coding, maybe I could learn something new!

Cheers,

T

brake16

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 03:29:03 pm »
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=9995.msg68694#msg68694

And that's about all I know about HAI integrated with lmce.  Talk to los93sol or totallymaxed for more info.