Author Topic: [SOLVED]Snapshot 23618 Kubuntu not installing mdadm - cant see my RAID5 array  (Read 3241 times)

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
I downloaded Snapshot 23618 and changed sources.list to the the recommended and then started the install and did a update, upgrade and dist upgrade followed by a reboot then apt-get install mdadm for my existing RAID5 and rebooted. When I go and look for the RAID5 in media it's not there and with my basic knowledge I went and had a look in /proc and cannot see mdstat I assuming it is put in there by the mdadm..........any help greatly appreciated. This process worked before with the troubled 23559 snapshot

Regards
Beeker
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:41:02 am by Beeker »

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Snapshot 23618 Kubuntu not installing mdadm - cant see my RAID5 array
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 09:03:32 pm »
mdadm shows up in when linux is booting, and you can also see it's start in dmesg. I would reinstall it and see if it shows up.

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:37:22 pm »
I did yesterday and still can't see the RAID when I look from KDE which is strange because it worked that way when I used 23559 so I assumed you just meant reinstall mdadm which I have just done again just now and yet to reboot, should it need another reboot. I have attached a print out out of the reinstall of mdadm and the current printout of dmesg.

I will do another boot and check dmsg and see if it mentions the RAID array, it finds the drives as I can see them listed but that's it and I looking to see a RAID speed test or just a mention of the RAID array

thanks
Beeker
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:49:54 pm by Beeker »

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 02:51:30 am »
Further digging into the /etc and found mdadm and then did a cat mdadm.conf and it shows the RAID array..............question is should I just add it via web admin page or will this wipe my existing RAID.....any help very much appreciated as I do not want to lose all my data.

I also checked rc0.d and mdadm is in there

Hope this info helps

see attached  

Best regards
Beeker
 :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:03:27 am by Beeker »

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 07:00:45 am »
Does anybody have any further thoughts on this issue

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 08:10:10 am »
Took the plunge and rebooted the core and Ted's suggestion worked and now I can see the RAID

Thanks heaps Ted.....nice work

Regards
Beeker