Author Topic: Axis M1031-W  (Read 2226 times)

dison4linux

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Axis M1031-W
« on: January 23, 2011, 03:24:34 am »
I am looking for some guidance on getting an Axis M1031-W working in LinuxMCE.  As far as I can tell from the WIKI and the Forum, this model of camera is not supported by Plug & Play.  However, as soon as I plugged the camera into the network, I was prompted on orbiter to setup the camera.  After running through the setup questions, I went to the web admin and looked under Devices -> Surveillance Cameras and found that it had been setup in there as device template 1723.  The PATH, PORT, IP, and MAC were filled in and seemed to be correct.  It suggested that the url to my camera feed was http://192.168.80.131/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi which seems to be correct because I can go to that URL in a browser and see a still image of my camera feed.  I have also tried switching the PATH to /mjpg/video.mjpg which also seems correct in the browser, but gets me no further in LinuxMCE.  What happens when I click the button that says "AXIS IP CAMERA" in the orbiter is a blue screen comes up with buttons along the bottom for pan and zoom, but there is a big empty spot above them presumable where the image from the camera would be.

Am I missing a simple setup step, or is this model truly not compatible with LinuxMCE.

BTW I have the camera setup to not require a login to view the live feed and I have tried with and without the username/password fields populated on the config in the web-admin.