Author Topic: I need some help  (Read 3310 times)

sgtarky

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
I need some help
« on: February 28, 2012, 04:10:45 pm »
I have linuxmce successfully installed. I am trying to get the tuner to work a cheapy sabrent model. It does see it but it has input set as defualt, its not picking up catv. I also want to get my blue tooth dongle working.

sgtarky

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: I need some help
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 02:27:31 pm »
man you guys are tons of help. btw I checked my dmesg it appears my bt is loaded , i just dont know how to interface it. I also want to add my network share with my media files

tv tuner is listed in mythtv....the input just says defualt I cant change it to catv. I do not have any cable tv settopboxes in my house and all my old tvs do work on cable.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:49:59 pm by sgtarky »

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 03:26:23 pm »
Myth is myth. If it doesn't support your card it doesn't support your card. I would check the mythtv forums/wiki to see if anyone has had success with your specific model... then a template would have to be written in LMCE to support it automagically if you are able to get it going.

Your network share should just be detected, you would enter your username and pass when prompted, then everything automatically populates. If this is not happening, then something is almost certainly wrong with your networking setup. Nothing on your internal network can be spitting dhcp, no routers/servers... just DCERouter. You will have to convert your routers/aps to switches (turn off dhcp). Please give some details on how your network is setup.

Is your bluetooth dongle recognized? What exactly are you trying to do with bluetooth?
I never quit... I just ping out.

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 03:47:37 pm »
also do a web search of linuxtv and your card vendor/model... the results are usually pretty helpful.

Dennis