Author Topic: Lighting scenarios doing strange things  (Read 5251 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Lighting scenarios doing strange things
« on: November 19, 2006, 12:42:00 pm »
Hi all

I have the following strange situation with lighting scenarios:

I've configured some lighting scenarios for my living room in order to be able to switch on/off some light. Thise lights are controlled via CM11 and via Weeder Board (GSD).

I also configured the default "OFF" lighting scenarios in order to switch off simultaneously all lighs in living room with only one touch.

This used to work fine up to .40, now it is not.

Basically when I hit " ALL OFF" button all lights switch off except one. If I hit the "off" button related to that specifical light it normally swithes off.

I checked many and many times in the lighting wizard for the proper settings, and then I also dig into mysql tables but everything appears to be ok.

Each single lith can be swithed on/off with their respective scenarios, but the general "OFF" works not for all.

The light not "obeying" to general "OFF" is belonging to a group controlled via Weeder (GSD).

All the other lights controlled via Weeder are properly behaving when general "OFF" is hit, only one is driving me crazy.

I also tried to delete the weeder board child devices and recreate them, then recreate scenarios but nothing changes.

Anyone has some hints on this?

TIA

Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 02:38:43 pm »
Hi,

I'm not sure if I can help, cause don't have many experience with lights, but anyway I'd start debugging things in that way :
- I think that if you make scenario, then it should send all comands specified separately. So I think if you examine DCERouter logs carefully, you'll probably see (or not) difference between command for Weeder light send separately or in group with other lights. You can tail that log in live fashion and examine it...

Post your findings, we are all learning...

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 10:01:39 am »
Hi Rob and thanks for reply

I followed your suggestion and here is the log result :

After pressing "General OFF"

Code: [Select]

08 11/20/06 9:45:08.782 Received Message from 20 (OnScreen Orbiter / Studio) to 66 (Canale C - Alogene / Soggiorno), type 1 id 193 Command:Off, parameters:
08 11/20/06 9:45:08.782 Received Message from 20 (OnScreen Orbiter / Studio) to 64 (Canale A - Lampada Blu / Soggiorno), type 1 id 193 Command:Off, parameters:
08 11/20/06 9:45:08.782 Received Message from 20 (OnScreen Orbiter / Studio) to 55 (Lampada Rossa / Soggiorno), type 1 id 193 Command:Off, parameters:
08 11/20/06 9:45:08.782 Received Message from 20 (OnScreen Orbiter / Studio) to 54 (Ingresso / Soggiorno), type 1 id 193 Command:Off, parameters:
13 11/20/06 9:45:08.782 No response expected.  returning
13 11/20/06 9:45:08.783 No response expected.  returning

After pressing specific light "OFF"

Code: [Select]

08 11/20/06 9:46:13.181 Received Message from 20 (OnScreen Orbiter / Studio) to 64 (Canale A - Lampada Blu / Soggiorno), type 1 id 193 Command:Off, parameters:
13 11/20/06 9:46:13.181 No response expected.  returning

The specific light is named "Canale A - Lampada blu / Soggiorno"  (Channel A - Blue Lamp / Living Room), and to me it looks like the lines in both cases (general and specific scenarios) are identical.
If so the same 193 command should be issued to specific device in both cases, but this is not happening.

At this point I am clueless.
Up to .40 this very same config was working fine, I noticed this issue with .41 but as I went for a fresh install I thought it may be my mistake in rebuilding devices.
Now with .42 I made again step by step the whole config (reading it from my own wiki post ... thanks Rob for convincing me to post there ... :D) so I'm 100% sure that config is correct.

Is there any other way to trace/debug what is going on?

TIA
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 11:53:12 am »
Hi,

you can also check things by manually send commands from web-admin page ('send command') on the device page....

Is it possible that maybe sending more commands in a row breaks some kind of timeout on controller (maybe it cannot receive commands one after another).... Nothing else comes to my mind, except that you carefully examine logs of automation controller (if it received commands, etc...)

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 04:19:57 pm »
I have similar behaviour from my IO board which I attribute to faulty soldering (it is a Velleman DIY board). Whne using the test tool, some functionality works (like manually switching single ports or "switch all on"), yet "switch all off" misses one port.

Don't want to say for sure this is your issue as well, but suggest it may be useful to evaluate whether this problem could be with a particular port on your weederboard (or whatever IO board you use), and not with Plutohome.

Hope to have helped.