Author Topic: Asterisk and Sipgate  (Read 14985 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Asterisk and Sipgate
« on: January 05, 2007, 07:50:33 pm »
hi,

has anybody a running asterisk system with sipgate (i use sipgate.at for austria)?

I set up my Core/Hybrid, one MD and the phone line. Everytime when i call my sipgate number i get a female voice who tells me that all circuits are busy  - or something.
I even can't communicate from my MD to my Hybrid.

Or do i have to use a hardphone?

best regards
avajon

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Asterisk and Sipgate
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 08:06:43 pm »
Quote from: "avajon"
hi,

has anybody a running asterisk system with sipgate (i use sipgate.at for austria)?

I set up my Core/Hybrid, one MD and the phone line. Everytime when i call my sipgate number i get a female voice who tells me that all circuits are busy  - or something.
I even can't communicate from my MD to my Hybrid.

Or do i have to use a hardphone?

best regards
avajon

Hi,

I have some experiences with Asterisk but non with sipgate. But have proposision for you - post your setup details to wiki, we will try to help you with setup and other users will have new howto on Wiki.... Agree ?

If sipgate allows connection over sip or iax protocol, then basically you don't need hardphone. Your softphone will suffice AFAIK.

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Asterisk and Sipgate
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 11:59:41 am »
Hi Rob,

thank you! I added a wiki-page http://plutohome.com/wiki/index.php/Asterisk_sipgate. It is my first wiki-page ever - so it is not really good but i hope you can see where my error is.
I think it is a good idea to make wiki pages because so every user can learn from the others.

If you need more informations (config-files, logs, and so on) please tell me and i post it to the wiki.

thanks
avajon[/url]

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Asterisk and Sipgate
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 08:16:37 pm »
Hi,

logs on Wiki don't tell much. Can you do 'logger rotate' in Asterisk CLI and then make a call and post relevant portions of /var/log/asterisk/full ?

Maybe we can find out more ... Also do you have sipgate working with any other device or softphone ? It's always better to learn from working examples ....

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Asterisk and Sipgate
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 03:06:31 pm »
hi,

i post the new log-file on wiki.

With Sipgate X-Lite i can use my sipgate account. (It is a softphone for Windows XP).

thanks
avajon

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Asterisk and Sipgate
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 01:34:19 am »
Hmm,

not so easy one. Are you sure you're dialing right number (it could be that then umber you're calling doesn't get you anywhere on Sipgate) - similar problem here :

http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=100679

Maybe you can find out something usefull here :

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Sipgate

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Asterisk and Sipgate
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 09:28:32 am »
hi,

i am sure that i call the correct number, because on the website of sipgate.at i can see that i call my sipgate-number in the caller history.

i'll try to find something on the two links you have send me, thanks!

by the way, do you speak german?

regards
avajon

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Asterisk and Sipgate
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 10:38:52 am »
Quote from: "avajon"
by the way, do you speak german?

regards
avajon

Sorry very bad, although I'm from Slovenia, where majority speaks well German....

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Asterisk and Sipgate
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 11:13:32 am »
i see. so, if you will come to vienna you can visit me and we can talk in bad german and my bad english about pluto. :-)

regards,
avajon