Author Topic: Is it possible to set horisontal off-set for VGA monitor?  (Read 5294 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Is it possible to set horisontal off-set for VGA monitor?
« on: January 04, 2007, 12:03:03 am »
Hi,

I'm using 1080p capable  monitor connected via VGA.

Atec (Prestigio)
Product: 47" TFT LCD TV
Part Number:  AV470DS

Up to 1600x1200 all video modes working well but with 1920x1080 (Progressive) the picture is moved 100mm out of the screen to the right. While all setting on the Atec is on maximum to move picture to the left.

Is there any way to correct it on Pluto side?

Thanking in advance,
Vladimir

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to set horisontal off-set for VGA monitor
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 02:53:26 pm »
Quote from: "vkangin"
Hi,

Atec (Prestigio)

Up to 1600x1200 all video modes working well but with 1920x1080 (Progressive) the picture is moved 100mm out of the screen to the right. While all setting on the Atec is on maximum to move picture to the left.

Thanking in advance,
Vladimir

Hi,

Just use the Video Setup Wizard again on the MD you want to adjust the horizontal position of the vga picture for. The wizard provide a screen for adjusting the size and the left/right/up/down position of the vga image.

Andrew

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 04:35:33 pm »
Quote from: "totallymaxed"
Hi,

Atec (Prestigio)

Thanking in advance,
Vladimir

Hi,

Just use the Video Setup Wizard again on the MD you want to adjust the horizontal position of the vga picture for. The wizard provide a screen for adjusting the size and the left/right/up/down position of the vga image.

Andrew

For some reason these buttons do not work... only the button "-" remain available.

Vladimir

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 04:53:37 pm »
Hi,

Atec (Prestigio)

Thanking in advance,
Vladimir

Hi,

Andrew

For some reason these buttons do not work... only the button "-" remain available.

Vladimir

Do you mean the 'Video Setup Wizard' button accessible after clicking on the 'Pluto' menu from the main menu screen (under UI1) are not visible or do not function?

I would suggest that you do a 'Regen All' from the Pluto menu or from Web Admin. Once the the regen has finished do a reload router and then you should see and be able to click on the 'Video Setp Wizard' button.

Andrew

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 05:13:48 pm »

Hi,

Andrew

Vladimir

Do you mean the 'Video Setup Wizard' button accessible after clicking on the 'Pluto' menu from the main menu screen (under UI1) are not visible or do not function?

I would suggest that you do a 'Regen All' from the Pluto menu or from Web Admin. Once the the regen has finished do a reload router and then you should see and be able to click on the 'Video Setp Wizard' button.

Andrew

Hi, I mean that when I do Video Setup Wizard again on the tab where I suppose to be able to move pic on the screen the only two buttons are working "-" and OK.  While with DVI configuration all those buttons are available.. so I guess that for VGA there is a limitation. Should they work for VGA as well?

Regards,
Vladimir

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 05:53:39 pm »

Hi,

Andrew

Vladimir

Andrew

Hi, I mean that when I do Video Setup Wizard again on the tab where I suppose to be able to move pic on the screen the only two buttons are working "-" and OK.  While with DVI configuration all those buttons are available.. so I guess that for VGA there is a limitation. Should they work for VGA as well?

Regards,
Vladimir

Aaaah! ok understood

You need to use the '-' minus few times to make the image smaller than the screen. Then use the arrow keys to move the picture to where you want it and then finally use '+' to zoom it back to size.

Andrew

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 06:13:16 pm »

Aaaah! ok understood

You need to use the '-' minus few times to make the image smaller than the screen. Then use the arrow keys to move the picture to where you want it and then finally use '+' to zoom it back to size.

Andrew

I have noticed it, but my screen vertical size is precisely match. I need to expand horisontally keeping the vertical size as is. Is it possible?

Vladimir

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 06:40:21 pm »

Aaaah! ok understood

Andrew

I have noticed it, but my screen vertical size is precisely match. I need to expand horisontally keeping the vertical size as is. Is it possible?

Vladimir

As far as I know the Video Setup Wizard will only let you move your picture in the vertical or horizontal if you first zoom out. Crazy I know! The intuitive thing would be to just use the left or right arrows first.

Andrew