the install will finish but it will take longer.
we can't control other websites that aren't under our admin. so if this sites will failed from various reasons you'll get some timeout when installing the cd. if the timeouts are unreasonable just install the cd's without internet -- offline.
I would have thought you controlled deb.plutohome.com? I suspect the reason it was failing was actually a bug during installation. The deb url was followed by the branch which read "20dev main" or something like that which read like something out of rc?.d...
- sound shouldn't failed if it works in other linux distro, should check the logs and see what happened
Ah. Yes. I would have loved to but I never really got to a stage where I could check any logs if I tried to install the sound card. As soon as I tried to press OK on stage 6 (volume adjust buttons were ok, but there was no sound) the machine would completely freeze. Kernel OOPS? I don't know. I've installed Ubuntu on the machine now so I can't really test it without putting another HD in it.
- not true, everything should work fine even if you don't have internet. just install the 2nd cd
I'm afraid it is true. If I did not plug the network cable in, the machine would hang at DCERouter init. If I used CTRL-C on it it would go to the core screen (I think that's what it was) and not go on to setup. And that was using the 2nd CD.
- timeouts could intervene sometimes, but it not happening all the time
No, just during 1st/2nd boot. For every package it seems like it attempts to connect both deb.plutohome.com and newbielink:http://www.yttron.as.ro [nonactive]
if it fails, even when the 2nd CD has been used.
- please sends us the errors that you found
I'll try installation again on another machine and send you the errors I spot. Should I send/post them anywhere in particular?
- just choose a misc room, the room type serve to add some special automated scenarios. in bathroom you don't need a special scenarios. you can choose misc for type and call it bathroom
Ah. That makes sense. Maybe this should be mentioned somewhere before this step? Or maybe it was on the video and I just couldn't hear it.
- we only detect automatically the winxp mc remote. you need to add it manually from media directors page
Ok. Will there be more autodetect of remotes in the future?
- resolutions should also work fine with regular and nvidia drivers
Should but didn't.
- the errors will be masked later, this is a devel distro.