Author Topic: Unable to get Telecom working.  (Read 6577 times)

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Unable to get Telecom working.
« on: December 21, 2010, 05:27:34 pm »
I recently configured a "Linksys SPA3102" to connect to asterisk.  I also configured LMCE to utilize my Gizmo5 as my provider.  My "Linksys SPA3102" reports registered, as does LMCE to Gizmo5.  However, much of the core functionality does not seem to be working.  All calls in to the system have been going directly to the default voice mail.  Local extension do not seem to be able to call each other, and outbound calls return "All Circuits are busy."  I'm hoping that there is something simple is missing, but most things in LMCE seem to take unusual lengths to get working.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to get Telecom working.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 06:05:40 pm »
As i understand from your message, you are using spa3102 as an ATA for your POTS line (one trunk), and gizmo5 as a voip provider (one trunk), making two trunks.
How did you create them? webadmin?

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 09:19:24 pm »
For the Linksys I followed this Wiki:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Linksys_SPA3102

It enables me to have a regular phone connect to the asterisk system.  For Gizmo5, I followed the following wiki.

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Gizmo

In theory, This enables me to make outgoing phone calls via Gizmo5, I do have credit on the service to make calls.  Thank you for taking an interest in my issue.  Do have any advice?

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 02:50:37 pm »
I would recommend the following:
- delete both phone lines.
- create gizmo5 and test it. Is it working? If yes, go to webadmin -> advanced -> configuration -> phone setup and take note of ALL configurations (trunk, incoming, outbond).
- delete gizmo5
- webadmin -> phone lines -> create linksys spa3102
- test it. is it working? If yes, go to webadmin -> advanced -> configuration -> phone setup and take note of ALL configurations (trunk, incoming, outbond).
- go to webadmin -> advanced -> configuration -> phone setup and create the gizmo5 trunk.
- adjust dial patterns and rules, so local go thru spa3102 and long distance and internation go thru gizmo5 (or the way  you want to)
- test it.
Let me know how it goes, so i can help you.
I do thave 3 trunks working (spa3102, voipcheap and sipgate), having the dial patterns and rules routing calls thru the trunks. Had some work in finding out how to have all working, but it works fine.

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 03:42:40 pm »
Is there a reset to defaults option embedded some where?  I will give this a shot when I get a chance, but is suspect a low probability of any progress.  Reason being that I have received calls from Gizmo5, only they go straight to the default voice mail. The linksys phone receives a dial tone and the asterisk system talks to me.  I believe this is an internal asterisk issue since the Core/Hybrid and the MD can not call each other.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:59:42 pm by Enigmus »

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 04:40:28 pm »
webadmin -> phone line: delete all
webadmin -> telecom -> call routing: # of seconds to ring before ivr (0=none) make it 20, or 30.
webadmin -> advanced -> configuration -> phones setup: check if any trunk, outbound or inbound route. If yes, delete it.
webadmin -> phones -> delete extensions which are not md's.
reload route, regen all orbiters, reboot core.
now test if telecom from md can call (make ring) other md. if yes, these extensions are working. if not, delete them too, and reboot core. let's see if md extensions are recreated when restart.
after you are able to make md ring other md, then recreate extensions (other than md).
After they are working, try to create the spa3102 trunk, using the wiki written by Seth.
Let me know how it works for you.

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 08:22:59 pm »
Worth a shot.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 12:12:47 am »
You're trying to use it in an unsupported way.  Only one trunk setups are supported.  The Voicemail issue is probably your # of seconds to IVR setting, what is it currently?

buckle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 01:33:49 am »
The linksys phone receives a dial tone and the asterisk system talks to me. 

Are you trying the use the SPA3102 as an FXS (connect analog phones as an extension) or an FXO (connect POTS as a trunk)...?

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 09:43:49 pm »
@Buckle: yes, The Linksys adds an analog extension, not a POTS Trunk.

@los93sol: I only have one trunk.

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 01:32:37 pm »
Sorry, I missed the part about the IVR setting previously.  It was at 15 Seconds, which I assume was default.  I have set this to zero.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 05:08:24 pm »
And after setting to 0 (no ivr) is it working?