Author Topic: Hardware Myth and Tv  (Read 3280 times)

am

• View Profile
Hardware Myth and Tv
« on: December 21, 2010, 04:54:36 pm »
My Specs:
Asus M4A77D
3.2 AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
OCZ Vista Performace Ed. 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
PNY GTS 450
HD-PVR

My problems, when I find /| grep mysql.txt and make sure all passwords are identical.
What should be the database hostname? given that I want to watch media from this core and have other MD's connecting to this core in the future.

Should it be 127.0.0.1 :  192.168.80.1 or dcerouter?
and should one edit

My setup is inside our private network and gets issued the  space at 192.168.4.0  for the external side.
starting clean install with the Dec 18 snapshot
any suggestions welcomed

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Hardware Myth and Tv
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 04:34:15 pm »
why are you expecting that you would need to change any of the config files in order for the advertised features to work? just install it and go.

am

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 08:39:26 pm »
Thanks, but like my ole dodge # install and go # is more like a cough sputter and die.
First I did the Dec 18 snapshot. Changed all my .archieve .security to old-releases, ran apt-get update a few times (looked ok) ran apt-get dist-upgrade, rebooted, ran the installer from the desktop, all done looked good rebooted, set my res, listened to Sara, added what I needed when I get to plugin my HD=PVR it failed to show me anything (sara lied) ok I get it in computing, I add Myth and finish my install, about a few hours go by while I wait for FreeType Fonts to finally die.
I get the to my UI1 computing> caputer card whereis HD-PVR The only thing I can think I may have missed was, I already had a HVR-2250 mounted in a PCI, lspci does not list this capture card.
as far as USB I see two Hauppauge, but I had a 950Q that I tried It was the only capture card it would detect... now I must be close, I can record black screen recordings, if I scroll my mouse I can see jump forward or jump back
I though I had read somewhere to check all 4 codecs, whereis that?
last line backendlog:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): std::bad_alloc

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 02:21:53 am »
If something isnt seen then maybe you have an error that you can see in your dmesg, and as far as the 2250 that might not get detected due to the vendor id of the card.  Follow my thread that i have about DVB devices in the user section and hit me up on irc and lets see what we can figure out

Thanks

Mandingo
For a Current List of Plug and Play Capture Cards/Devices
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Capture_Cards