Author Topic: New PLCBUS driver  (Read 48365 times)

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: New PLCBUS driver
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2011, 04:33:32 pm »
nothing was changed in regard to 3phase support
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

max666

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2011, 02:44:36 pm »
Hello all.
This thread is the most active for PLCBUS and MCE, and I am just in a process of purchasing PLCBUS devices
which I will use in my new house that I am building:
-10x micro modules (2268HE)
-2x dimmable micro modules for CFL/LED (2268HXD)
-3x dual shutter modules (3160MHX2)
-1x usb controller (1141)

And as a novice in PLCBUS i have lots of questions:

Is this all I need - Will I be able to program the modules via usb controller (1141)?

Has anybody been using shutter controllers with MCE? As far as I can see the commands are on/off dim+ dim-

And a PLCBUS harware question - what about dimmable fluorescent light module, it has 0-10V analog output - I am thinking about buying all 3160MHX2 instead of 2268HE if the dimmable balasts are obtainable and working fine (I would then use FLs with ballasts instead of the standard E27 CFLs in the house).

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 02:56:46 pm by max666 »

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2011, 06:19:08 pm »
Will I be able to program the modules via usb controller (1141)?
yes

Has anybody been using shutter controllers with MCE? As far as I can see the commands are on/off dim+ dim-
they should work but this is untested

br Hari

Gangsingen

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2011, 10:38:45 am »
Hi max666!

I´d suggest you to buy a few PLCBUS modules and the 1141 to begin with and play around with them and to learn how they work before you go ahead and buy all modules you need. Don´t spend hundreds of dollars on something that may end up not working as you expect the to work.

I have now, during several months had LMCE controlling a few lights and I have to say that the system is pretty reliable. In a few weeks I´ll have my house rewired and I´ll install a 3phase coupler and more modules. Hopefully the 3phase stuff works, as nobody (?) has tested it out yet with the new driver.

bugui

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2011, 06:10:38 am »
Check if you install the modules with correct polarity (Fase & Neutral) because if they are inverted then it doesn't work.

Bugui

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2011, 11:55:39 am »
Check if you install the modules with correct polarity (Fase & Neutral) because if they are inverted then it doesn't work.

Bugui
would you mind to add that information to the PLCBUS page on the Wiki?

bugui

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2011, 07:36:30 am »
Yes, I could upload pictures and diagrams also, but I need to finish a proyect now, I will do in a couple of weeks.
Thanks.
Hernan

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2011, 12:48:04 pm »
I wonder why people love to receive prompt feedback on their problems, but are unable to spend half an hour (or less) to update a wiki page so other people can help themselves in the future.

PKWilson

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2011, 01:01:26 pm »
Just wondering from those running PLCBUS if anyone has tested their "standby" power usage. They say "<1W" on the modules, but I found my in-wall light controllers were drawing 9W each, the 2-light controllers 17W, plug-in power controllers around 20W. I only noticed when I got a power meter and it showed my lighting circuit was using up around 270W with all the lights off.

I liked PLCBUS, but changing to Z-Wave because I'll have saved enough to pay for the Z-Wave in a couple of years.

Gangsingen

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2011, 04:31:38 pm »
Just wondering from those running PLCBUS if anyone has tested their "standby" power usage. They say "<1W" on the modules, but I found my in-wall light controllers were drawing 9W each, the 2-light controllers 17W, plug-in power controllers around 20W. I only noticed when I got a power meter and it showed my lighting circuit was using up around 270W with all the lights off.

I liked PLCBUS, but changing to Z-Wave because I'll have saved enough to pay for the Z-Wave in a couple of years.

Very interesting!! How did you measure the power consumption? What kind of "tool" did you use?

alx2k

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2011, 06:11:56 pm »
I am having the same powerloss on x10 items comming from x10-hk.com

Now I have some zwave items on its way.

standby power consumption for my lighting devices is +-250watts what is unnacceptable IMO (15 wall plugs).

I use current cost to measure power consumption currentcost.com

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2011, 11:47:25 pm »
I am having the same powerloss on x10 items comming from x10-hk.com

Now I have some zwave items on its way.

standby power consumption for my lighting devices is +-250watts what is unnacceptable IMO (15 wall plugs).

I use current cost to measure power consumption currentcost.com

In their documents it says 1w static load
http://www.plcbus.com.cn/Html/news/1434.html

PKWilson

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2011, 05:06:43 am »
I discovered the high overall power usage with a CurrentCost meter hooked into the lighting circuit, and then tested the plugin modules with a plugin meter. And then tested a few in-wall modules individually with both the CurrentCost and the plugin meter which both gave the same reading. I then tested a few Z-Wave modules which didn't even register on either power meter.

I was just curious if anyone else had experienced this. I don't think it would just be a bad batch as I purchased them at different times over a 2 year period.

Digit

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2011, 11:55:21 pm »
Hi all,

I'm new here and kind of 'invited' to say something about PLCBUS power usage, so here it goes  ;)
I have lots of PLCBUS appliance modules and my measurements show me the following numbers:

No load attached:
An appliance module uses an average of 0.3W while it's OFF.
When you change it to ON, this changes to 1.5W.

Load attached:
OFF stays the same, still 0.3W
ON: a bit harder to measure, but it looks like it's still below 2W.

So in normal operation you could say that a PLCBUS module uses 0.3W extra in OFF and 1.5W extra while ON.
I made a picture of the power monitor to prove this, but I'm not allowed to post links here, sorry about that.
Well, a link can be found in my guestbook at www dot hekkers dot net somewhere....

Hope this answers your questions,
Robert.

Jicky

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2012, 07:18:18 am »
The device template doesn´t change, its "only" the orbiter buttons that changes.

Hi Gangsingen,

Do you solve this problem? i faced this issue also.

Regards,
Jicky