Author Topic: Tutorial added to wiki for Insteon Venstar Thermostat  (Read 3655 times)

trippleg

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Tutorial added to wiki for Insteon Venstar Thermostat
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:33:16 am »
I just added a small how to for the Insteon Venstar Thermostat to the wiki.  Go easy on my it is my first stab at it  :)

-Gregg

DragonK

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial added to wiki for Insteon Venstar Thermostat
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 07:08:37 am »
Thanx,

Pls post the link to the Wiki article that you added next time. Im very Lazy so early in the morning, and prefer to click on link, instead of going searching for it.  ;D

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Insteon_Venstar_Thermostat_Module

Karel

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 08:18:43 am »
I added a versioninfo where you can update it if it works in 0810, 1004 etc.

sedgington

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 11:36:57 pm »
I read through the wiki tutorial and it mentions that you should have built an configured template 2209 as a preface to the steps. On 8.10 I don't have that template. Could you please post how to create or gain access to the template you refer to?

I read through your threads and it appears I am having the same issue that you were attempting to resolve some time ago: I add template #4 to devices climate and fill in the room and insteon port, the insteon PLM sees it and enters it into the database but when you rebuild all the orbiters to show that a climate device is there, apparently LMCE goes through and checks all the GSD devices and for some reason doesn't see it in the list and then deletes it. This happened 3 times to me until I read through the threads.

If you have worked out a new template that fixes this problem that would be great!