Author Topic: [SOLVED] Not able to configure MD on 810 to work with my Sony Projection TV  (Read 2856 times)

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
Hoping someone can provide some guidance.

Core
Snapshot:  23388 (Only one I got to work, thank GOD for cheap swapmeet DVD's)

MOBO:  M4A785-M (Works great)
HDD:    Single WD 500Gb
Video:  On-board Nvidia
Proc:    AMD
Mem:    8Gb

MD (1)

MOBO:  M3N78-VM (Works great)
HDD:     None
Video:   Nvidia AGP 7xxxxseries
Mem:    8Gb

Loaded Core and got it connected as described in the Wiki (two NICs, DHCP Server) connects to everything in the home.  All LMCE dist loaded perfectly.

When I load the MD, I get the black screen (since this happened to me with 710, I have a monitor crash station I can use for MD's).  Connected my crash monitor to MD, make all of the correct selections that I used in 710 as follows:

DVI (recognizes HDMI as I notice the HDMI illuminate on receiver when selected)
(Now there is a DVI-2 not sure about this but when I've used it, does not recognize monitor)
720p
UI1
TOSLink for Audio

finish configuration throught AV Wizard and reboot.  When system boots, I see nothing but scramble on my TV.  This happens will all setting that I try.

Saw post that I attempted to see if that resolves the issue by changing nv to Nvidia to no avail, still same issue.

Any ideas ???
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:50:34 pm by Marper »

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
I can't believe that this issue was resolved so simply by changing the refresh rate in the AV Wizard from 50 to 60.  Since the wizard defaulted to 50 and I was setting it up blind, I did not notice.  However on a WHIM, I took a stab at it and I now have UI1 on my TV.

Hope this helps - Sara's talking and I have to go